A few questions - sorry!!

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

A few questions - sorry!!

Postby tracysid » 29 Apr 2013 14:32

Hi we are hoping to go to Icmeler in the Summer. I was just wondering if I would get a bit of advice please?

If we went self catering are food and drink expensive? We are looking for somewhere low key but must be clean if you have any recommendations?
Is there a 'better' area of the resort to stay?
Do you book a package or book hotel, flights separately?

Sorry for so many questions!!

Many thanks.
tracysid
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: A few questions - sorry!!

Postby blondie » 29 Apr 2013 15:46

Hi Tracy and welcome - a lot of people (us included) prefer self catering in Icmeler, as there are so many great places to eat and drink, and you can eat fairly cheaply. Many restaurants do set meals which are great value - or you can eat at the little kebab or pide places even cheaper. You can buy delicious fresh bread from the bakers for the equivalent of pennies and fruit and veg is also delicious and cheap too. There are places which sell cooked chickens, which with the bread and veg, would make a cheap meal if you didn't want to eat out all the time.

As for where to stay, there is no "better" area of the resort as such. What is often referred to as the "old village" - towards the back of the resort - is quieter, but there are lovely places to stay all over Icmeler, and to suit all budgets. We usually book everything separately - through ICR - so why not give them a call and tell them the type of thing you're looking for, and I'm sure they will be able to come up with something.
blondie

Postby tracysid » 29 Apr 2013 16:34

Thank you!!
That's very helpful.
tracysid
New User
New User

Postby haydn » 29 Apr 2013 18:50

hi i have been told beer prices are on a par with last year about 5 to 7 lira which at 2.7 lira to the pound (approx rate) equates to £1.85 to £2.56 this obviously depends on were you drink most hotels, apts tend to charge towards the higher, there are a few bars that sell at 5 or less but you get what you pay for regards the beer lol. Re set menus i seem to remember it was about £7 for a 2 or 3 course meal. As for apartments, as blondie says there are no good and bad areas in icmeler, just some quieter than others, my wife and i have stayed at some of the smaller apts, and to be honest we would recommend them all as they are all good. It depends on how quiet you want it and how far your prepared to walk. If you go towards the back of the old village your talking 20 to 30 min walk in the heat of the afternoon to the beach. But saying that there are some lovely places to see on your walks and lots of different routes to take. There are lots nearer to resort and indeed in the resort itself, but you may get a little noise from the bars etc. We normally book a package hol through a tour operator, but having checked prices we found it was a fair bit cheaper to book flights and apt seperate. Give ICR a ring they will sort you out. i booked my flights through TC and apts through ICR, Everything included from flights with luggage (no Meals), apts and transfers, for 3 weeks in sept worked out at £750 for 2 adults
haydn

Postby tracysid » 29 Apr 2013 21:17

Thanks for the replies. Been reading alot about appt. owners being pushy with residents to eat on the premises. Have you found this?
tracysid
New User
New User

Postby blondie » 30 Apr 2013 06:43

Most are absolutely fine about it - obviously they'd like you to eat there, but they understand you want to sample some of Icmeler's other great eating places too! You do get the odd one or two who can be a bit pushy, but a polite no, or maybe later, is usually sufficient. Don't worry about it...
blondie

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.