Pharmacy in Icmeler

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Pharmacy in Icmeler

Postby juju » 02 May 2012 08:26

Can you buy codipar which are the extra strong co codamol in Icmeler? I seem to remember something about codeine and Turkey....very vague! Hopoefully someone will know.Thanks
juju

Advertisement

Re: Pharmacy in Icmeler

Postby Kalof » 06 May 2012 09:19

As far as I know you can't buy any codeine products in Turkey.

Chris
Kalof

Postby starchild01 » 06 May 2012 13:16

Hi juju. If you are in Marmais at any point, go to where the free water fountain is, look towards the bazaar and walk between the 2 kebab shops and there is a little pharmacy down that walkway on the right hand side if my memory serves me right. My hubby is on really strong co-codamol tablets and ran out whilst we were there the other year...we took the wrapper with us and showed her, and the tablets she gave him worked a treat. She said that they were basically the same tablets. Hope this help :)
starchild01

Postby LaneyICR » 08 May 2012 10:04

If you are wanting certain medication while in resort and the chemists do not have it or they don't know what you are asking for then pop to MEDLINE the local medical centre and Dr Murat will be able to assist you.
LaneyICR

Postby juju » 14 May 2012 14:52

Thanks for the replies :)
juju

Postby sueles810 » 14 May 2012 19:34

Hi, this may sound likea daft question but why if you are on medication dont you make sure you take enough with you, dont mean to be rude :)
sueles810

Advertisement

Postby dragon » 14 May 2012 21:21

Just be careful if you buy something in the pharmacy. My daughter went there for medication once and emphasised that she couldn't take aspirin. When she was given a medication she asked again if it contained aspirin and was told that it didn't. She checked the listed ingredients for what she was given and luckily the word aspirin was the same in Turkish and listed on the medication. This could have been a major problem as she is asthmatic and could have brought on an attack, so just be careful.
dragon

Postby JT » 14 May 2012 21:53

Be very careful where you go

For years I have been buying medication which I need daily and mentioned to Dr Murat from Medline clinic the cost of what I had been paying as I was running out, so he called the chemist across the road from his office and was given a price of 27 lira for 2 months supply of both

The chemist who I always bought from spotted me tonight and asked me why I had not been in for medication

I asked her to price it again for me.

120 lira for exactly the same stuff

Go to the doctor in Icmeler if you need anything repeated or are unsure
JT
Admin
Admin

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.