VIP lounge

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

VIP lounge

Postby ajgaj » 08 Apr 2012 10:09

Hi does anyone have any experience regarding the VIP lounge in Dalaman airport I am thinking of treating our party to this in June 2012. Thanks in advance
ajgaj

Advertisement

Re: VIP lounge

Postby Cupcake » 08 Apr 2012 10:22

We used it for the first time last September, and wished we had not. I think it is a waste off money, we went in and sat down, I had a coffee which was awful, so we left after 10 mins. And the staff was most unhelpful and we were the only two in there.
Hope this helps
Cupcake
New User
New User

Postby blondie » 08 Apr 2012 12:06

To be honest, it's always looked fairly empy any time we've passed - and I've heard a few folk saying it's not worth the money, as the food is pretty limited and often seems a bit on the stale side.
blondie

Postby daisysun » 05 May 2012 10:17

would it not be worth it because of the prices in the airport?
daisysun

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 05 May 2012 10:53

always looked empty when i have been there too
was in dalaman airport on wednesday night and it was empty
lots of food out though on the buffet which looked nice
as someone said might be worth it due to the prices and limited choice in the airport
xxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Postby DarrenG » 11 Jun 2012 10:18

We've used it a few times and found it OK. First time was middle of the night and our return flight had a 4hr delay so it was lovely to be able to get a seat and help ourselves to drinks.

Last year it was a midday flight and there was a decent buffet selection.
DarrenG

Advertisement

Postby dj_sploits » 03 Jul 2012 11:31

I use it every year as I get access through my bank.
Not the best VIP lounge in the world but its quiet and I'm not getting stung by the crazy prices that they charge in the food court. The food can be hit and miss. One year we were there we got chicken nuggets and chips along with a big selection of sandwiches and cakes. Other times there has been salads and sarnies but some of the sarnies look like they have had one hell of a hard paper round and need scopped in the bin lol.
I think alcohol is extra on top of the entrance fee to the lounge but me and the missus never bother with it as as soon as we land back home I'm driving and my missus has had enough of alcohol due to all the cocktails she drank while in Içmeler :)

If I didnt get the entry through my bank (Barclays Premier entitles you to 6 VIP lounge visits across the world) I don't think I would bother but its the argument of value of the VIP lounge (or CIP as I'm sure they have it called) over the value of the food court (and their crazy prices).

I hope that helps :)
dj_sploits

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.