Kindle or similar

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Re: Kindle or similar

Postby andy168 » 09 Apr 2013 06:06

Kindle Paperwhite gets my vote, great in sunlight and good for reading in the dark when the wifes trying to sleep
andy168

Advertisement

Postby Fanny » 07 May 2013 18:42

DarrenG wrote:And a £20 Aquapac will protect your Kindle from sand/water and allow you to use it whilst floating on your li-lo. Now that is luxury!

Aquapac

I got one of these last year on Darren's recommendation and was soooo glad that I did - it meant I could use my kindle everywhere, even on a lilo in the pool haha. Well worth the money imho
I've got the basic standard kindle, but just a word of warning - not sure how good the aquapac would be with the touchscreen ereaders/kindles?
Fanny

Postby Fanny » 07 May 2013 18:45

and for anyone who's tight like me and only uploads free books to their kindle .....this facebook page publishes lists of free books everyday and I've had some really good ones - saves wading through the same old same old ones on the amazon site

https://www.facebook.com/FreeDigitalRea ... ion=stream
Fanny

Postby DarrenG » 07 May 2013 19:06

Fanny wrote:I got one of these last year on Darren's recommendation and was soooo glad that I did - it meant I could use my kindle everywhere, even on a lilo in the pool haha. Well worth the money imho
I've got the basic standard kindle, but just a word of warning - not sure how good the aquapac would be with the touchscreen ereaders/kindles?

They work fine with touch screens and even audio. I have a larger one for an iPad and use it in the bath to watch TV. The touchscreen is fully accessible and usable.

Of course, iPads are useless outdoors in the sun, that's where the Kindle can never be beaten.

Just paid the balance for our return to Icmeler in August, our 8th visit. Counting the days!
DarrenG

Postby daviemc » 08 May 2013 02:50

Check out the Nook Simple e-reader normally costs £29 but reviews say it's the same as the kindle

Can be bought from isme but if it's your first order you get £10 off :D

http://www.isme.com/nook-simple-touch-ereader---black/1216529085.prd?aff=awin&affsrc=47868&cm_mmc=awin-_-47868-_-Communities+%26+UGC-_-0_0&awc=3096_1367765237_df15a14eba4423086b86089ef8d115c5
daviemc

Postby DarrenG » 08 May 2013 07:02

daviemc wrote:Check out the Nook Simple e-reader normally costs £29 but reviews say it's the same as the kindle

Whilst the Nook is a nice eBook Reader, for many, it's the integration with Amazon's book store that is the key reason Kindle's are so popular. If that's not important then there are many options.
DarrenG

Advertisement

Postby Fanny » 09 May 2013 21:56

DarrenG wrote:
Fanny wrote:I got one of these last year on Darren's recommendation and was soooo glad that I did - it meant I could use my kindle everywhere, even on a lilo in the pool haha. Well worth the money imho

They work fine with touch screens and even audio.... The touchscreen is fully accessible and usable.
Of course, iPads are useless outdoors in the sun, that's where the Kindle can never be beaten.

Just paid the balance for our return to Icmeler in August, our 8th visit. Counting the days!

Bet the lady staying at our aparts last year with a touch screen wishes she'd got an aquapac then instead of whatever it was she got :roll: She ended up having to ditch hers and resort to the usual hard book-type cover cos her protective pack made it turn a page every time it came into contact with the screen eeeek!

We've not booked Icmeler for this Summer yet - long story involving exams, magaluf, dalyan and an 18th, but we're hoping to get there, so may well be around at the same time as you if all goes to plan .....
Have an amazing holiday!!!
Fanny

• Advertisement

Previous

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.