new visa

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

new visa

Postby flosie » 17 Feb 2012 14:43

can you help with new visa information?we have booked two weeks in early may and two weeks late june if i have understood new visa information it will mean we will not be able to book another holiday for sept/oct this year?Can you help as alot of visitors holiday several times in one year like us will be limited to early or late visits.Hope we have got it wrong.
flosie

Advertisement

Re: new visa

Postby redrhino12 » 17 Feb 2012 16:26

Hi Flosie,
If you go out on the 1st of May and have two weeks holiday,
Then another Two weeks in June you will have used up 28 days of your 90 day allowance.
This leaves you a further 62 days holiday in Turkey but must be used before 27th October where upon you would have to leave the country and obtain a new visa.

So a Visa obtained on the 1st of May would expire on the 27th October,during this time you can holiday in Turkey as many times as you want as long as the total holidays do not exceed 90 days.
A £10 charge is still needed for the visa.

Dont forget to count the 1st and last day of your holiday in the reckoning

Gene
redrhino12

Postby silverbeard21 » 17 Feb 2012 16:30

Count 180 days from the day you first enter Turkey in MAY as opposed to 90 days as was. After that 180 days, 24hrs must elapse before you can buy another visa. Looks like you are going to save £20 per head this year. If you were to enter Turkey on 1st May you must leave again by/on 27th October. Stay up to 90 days in that 180 day visa.
If iv'e got it wrong somebody will be along to put us all right.

Edit: Gene beat me to it.
silverbeard21

Postby flosie » 18 Feb 2012 10:33

great many thanks :D to both of you
flosie

Postby iskoc alibaba » 20 Feb 2012 16:08

Hi all,what kind of plonker am I :? Went online over a period of 4 months and booked flights for 3 trips to "Paradise" only to realise,after reading this thread,that total days in Turkey comes to 113 so had to reschedule flights back to 90 days.Thank goodness for this forum as I might have ended up being barred from the country for overstaying.Cheers, maybe see some of u in Eddie's,Sad B.....ds, 3 Bells et al
iskoc alibaba
New User
New User

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.