Disposable Barbeques

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Disposable Barbeques

Postby janeypoos » 18 Aug 2011 22:29

Can anyone tell me if you can buy the cheapy one use BBQ's anywhere in Icmeler?

My Turk husband really wants to make a proper Turk grill but our apartment doesn't have the facilities. :-(
janeypoos

Advertisement

Re: Disposable Barbeques

Postby JT » 18 Aug 2011 22:36

You can get them from the Tansas in Icmeler

Careful though Janey as they probably wont take kindly to you sparking up a barbecue on the balcony
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby janeypoos » 18 Aug 2011 23:21

Thanks for that JT, we were thinking of going out for a wander and doing a proper Turk jobby but now you mention the balcony....... :D
janeypoos

Postby JT » 19 Aug 2011 12:21

Also be careful outside as out of all the area around the resort I only know one place that you can by law light a barby
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby Fanny » 19 Aug 2011 15:02

At the risk of stating the obvious Janey, please be careul too about sparks and putting it out properly
There was a fire last saturday in Marmaris, would imagine the surrounding area's like a tinderbox - and the breezes here atm would let the smallest spark take hold in no time
Fanny

Postby dragon » 19 Aug 2011 22:19

Please be careful Janey of not only the sparks but the carbon monoxide fumes. As long as you do it outside it's fine. There was a sad case two days ago in Wales:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... agedy.html
I know that you won't bring it inside for warmth like this family did but I don't think that everyone realises how dangerous the fumes are. If you bring it inside at all even after you've finished using it, I'd submerge it in water just to be safe. but it's best to dispose of it outside. I might sound paranoid but a very close member of my family died from carbon monoxide poisoning and he had followed all of the advice and yet he still died. Keep safe.
dragon

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.