suggestions

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

suggestions

Postby mickyq » 15 Aug 2011 20:47

its my first time in icmeler, are there any must do's? im not one for sitting around the pool to much. i like to wander about.
going to do the flag climb and walk to marmaris. will take a walk to the dogs home. im not a sand lover. once you go you have sand in every orafice for the rest of the hols :lol: ill do a beach day just to keep the squad happy tho :lol: done most trips while staying in marmaris but will do a boat trip n probably a jeep trip. any other suggestions??
mickyq

Advertisement

Re: suggestions

Postby skilly » 15 Aug 2011 20:57

We have been to Icmeler many times and do like the beach, but we have been to Marmaris castle which was quite good, we like a stroll along the harbour in Marmaris, it is lovely especially at night.

We also went on a 2 day trip to Ephesus, Pamukalle, Cleopatra's pool and the house of the Virgin Mary . We stayed overnight in a lovely posh hotel and were entertained by belly dancers in the evening. The guide was very good, telling us all about Turkish custom etc, it was very interesting.

We sometimes go over to Turunc on the boat, its a lovely place.

We also wander around the old village talking to the locals and having the odd Efes along the way :D
Hope you enjoy your first trip to Icmeler , we love it, even after all these years!
skilly

Postby jivebunnie0 » 15 Aug 2011 20:59

The jeep safari's are a 'must do' - really good day out, if you dont mind getting dirty and wet.

We always do at least one boat trip, which gives you a day out, including BBQ lunch, but I would recommend
asking for a boat for no more than 30 people, its like a cattle market with any more.

We love to see some of the area, so if its not too hot, just wander, or do the walk to Marmaris and maybe get the water taxi back (I think the water taxi may be 10 lira per person now, but well worth it.)

If you want a good laugh, and aren't easily offended, the Stella Show at Harmony Bar is very good.

There are quite a few excursions advertised on here if you want to take advantage, but beware, unless they can
get enough people, they wont put them on. We've been disappointed a few times.

Have a wonderful first trip!
jivebunnie0

Postby stuart » 16 Aug 2011 15:03

if you fancy a boat trip there is one with icr on the 29th which has max of 35 people and all inclusive look for the thread on here ( boat trip)
stuart
stuart

Postby dragon » 16 Aug 2011 20:16

mickyq wrote:its my first time in icmeler, are there any must do's? im not one for sitting around the pool to much. i like to wander about.
going to do the flag climb and walk to marmaris.... any other suggestions??

If you're going to do the walk to the flag can you take a spare one with you just in case, have a look at viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14316 :lol:
dragon

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.