insure your flight and hotel

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

insure your flight and hotel

Postby feefee1970 » 05 Aug 2011 10:03

http://www.protectmyholiday.com/

feel this is a good idea £5 a head,
ive lost agean flights
and now rebooked with jet2
who are probly safe but not atol bonded
feefee1970

Advertisement

Re: insure your flight and hotel

Postby Sue » 05 Aug 2011 10:45

Just been looking at this, in the small print it says:

You are not covered for the following:
The insolvency of the Travel Agent, Tour Operator, the booking agent (unless listed) or consolidator. It is therefore your commercial decision to book with them and thus your responsibility
Sue

Postby madazahatter » 05 Aug 2011 10:51

I posted on the general forum that you can buy holiday insurance that specifies cover for airline insolvency. Have a trip to the meercats site and do a search. It doesn't cost the earth.
madazahatter

Postby Sue » 05 Aug 2011 11:57

If I pay by card i am covered anyway surely
Sue

Postby mks » 06 Aug 2011 15:18

If you pay over £100 for MOST things (there are exceptions), on a CREDIT card (different rule for debit cards) then the credit card company will reimburse you. They will (usually tell you to tap the C.A.A. first) but they are your "insurance". Never had a problem and believe me, I seem to attract these bloody insolvencies! Sorry guys. :oops:
mks

Postby feefee1970 » 09 Dec 2011 09:05

im really no futher foward, ive dont have a credit card just a debit, should i insure the flights or not any advice please
feefee1970

Advertisement

Postby mks » 09 Dec 2011 16:20

feefee, if you dont use a credit card, do as you are edging towards and insure against the flight failure. Like I said debit card providers do "sometimes" cover you but ive not claimed on one so dont really know the ins and outs. Pay the bit extra for insurance and bite the bullet.mark.
mks

Postby feefee1970 » 11 Dec 2011 02:14

thanks, it also covers my villa so more than happy to spend the extra £5, think if the flight isnt covered by abta/atol they should give you the choice to bond it, agean flights you just ticked a box
thanks again
feefee1970

Postby John V » 11 Dec 2011 09:36

Feefee,
Do you also have additional insurance to cover you for medical reasons ect.

I have only my Lloyd's Bank Gold Card for my travel insurance, is this sufficient to cover all our needs, flights and accommodation included or would it be wise to take on this extra insurance as a precaution
John V

Postby dragon » 13 Dec 2011 01:37

John V wrote:Feefee,
Do you also have additional insurance to cover you for medical reasons ect.

I have only my Lloyd's Bank Gold Card for my travel insurance, is this sufficient to cover all our needs, flights and accommodation included or would it be wise to take on this extra insurance as a precaution

Hope you remember to declare any pre existing illnesses as apparently this has been a problem for many people when making a claim with 'free' medical insurances. This declaring of illnesses is quite strict as well as I found out this year that my travel insurance had been invalid for the last four or five years. I had been diagnosed with angina, but a year later was told I didn't have it so I stopped declaring it. Apparently this voided my insurance as I needed to declare this illness even though I didn't have it :? I was told though that the diagnosis of angina could have been right and when I was told I didn't have it, this could have been wrong. I was also told that as my insurance would have been void it would have cancelled everyone else's insurance in the group as well. Luckily we didn't need to make a claim so now I declare absolutely everything, just in case.
dragon

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.