jewellery /gold question

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

jewellery /gold question

Postby KarenH » 30 Jul 2011 07:25

i have an old gold necklace, is there anywhere that could turn it into a ring in icmeler? hubby had to have his wedding ring cut off, so it would be nice if the new one could have some sentimental value.....

xx
KarenH

Advertisement

Re: jewellery /gold question

Postby reesy1959 » 30 Jul 2011 07:41

I would imagine any of the main jewellers would do this for you, I had some cut off from a necklace turned into a charm bracelet, this was the jewellers opposite Kingsland Chinese, and just up a little bit to the right, on the corner. He offered me to bring all my old jewellery the next time I come and he would make it into something I wanted.

Just ask in a few shops and see what prices they come up with.
reesy1959

Postby patsiej » 30 Jul 2011 08:06

Hi KarenH

If you walk along the side of the Tandoori Sizzler you will find a small working jeweller's shop. He makes things to order and is very good. By all means try a few places but be sure to call and see him as I'm sure he will be able to help you.

Patsiej
patsiej

Postby lynnep » 30 Jul 2011 08:36

Hi i had a new wedding ring made last year in Icmeler of which i am more than pleased with but was a bit sad that i was not wearing the ring that i got married with & the jeweler suggested that i have my old ring melted down & put in my new ring of which i did. I would like to suggest that you go to Yasmin jewelers just along from Le-toll hotel he will give you a price & you decide.
lynnep

Postby dodge » 30 Jul 2011 08:47

Hi Karen we have been using Star jewellers for many years had quite a few pieces made and we had some old gold a few years ago and my Husband & I had it put into our wedding rings and ended up having matching rings cost next to nothing and back next day but I have had other rings made if you have a design in mind take a picture or he has a book you can look through,Go down side road of Tandorri Sizzler 2nd turning on left and its just there on left take any old bits of jewellery odd earrings etc surprising what you get for it good luck enjoy your holiday

cheers dodge :lol: :lol:
dodge

Postby eddie&gwen » 30 Jul 2011 08:59

will agree with other reports star gold is very good and cheap, had 2 chains repaired also the wife had 2 diamond chips replaced in a ring third of uk price.
eddie&gwen

Advertisement

Postby starchild01 » 30 Jul 2011 10:19

Tony's Jewellery opposite the L'etoile hotel is an excellent jewellers. Very helpful and very honest. We only ever go to him.
starchild01

Postby Sunny » 30 Jul 2011 11:19

I'll ditto what Star said. Last year, her and her hubs introduced us to Tony, a genuinely honest man. Ended up with a sparkly and I can say fer sure, its value is £££££ more here.
He's not pushy, there's no hard sell and nothing is too much trouble.
Sunny

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 31 Jul 2011 21:34

I would agree with the posts regarding Star Gold & Silver. The work they do is terrific and they consult with you about design etc. I have had several pieces made and alterations undertaken on others and always take up the offer to clean my jewellery, which is done at no charge. When I visted in June they made me a ring while I waited and it has been much admired back home.The fact that they have the workshop on the premises means they are competitive with their prices and they do some of the work for the jewellers in town.
sunlover loch lomond

Postby KarenH » 01 Aug 2011 07:07

thankyou so much for all your replies..... :D

3 weeks and counting,
KarenH

Postby john G » 01 Aug 2011 09:05

Hi all,
I've read a few threads about getting unwanted jewellery melted down and made into a ring, charm etc. Out of interest, how much would this service cost?
john G

Advertisement

Postby dodge » 01 Aug 2011 09:37

Not much at all when we got our wedding rings done cost about £10 that was a few years ago but I promise you this nowhere near what you would pay here & they clean our jewellery for free every year come up a treat they do I will be there next week I have some gold jewellery I dont want but want a white gold chain,I weighed jewellery in last year only odd bits and was surprised what he gave me for it

cheers dodge :)
dodge

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.