For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.
Post a reply

Tin opening ceremony tonight!

27 Jul 2011 21:13

Well tonight is the night we've decided to open the savings tin and discover how much in £2 coins we have manage to put away over the last year towards the Efes fund. We had about £250 last year but not so sure I'll be that much this year. :( I'll let you know the result later.

Re: Tin opening ceremony tonight!

27 Jul 2011 21:30

:D Oooh £312.....lots of efes! :D

27 Jul 2011 22:12

Well done and what a nice surprise for you.
I save my copper and 5p's in a jar so have no-where near that amount! :lol:

27 Jul 2011 22:28

i had 4 pounds 60 pence in mine but 5 great new pairs of shoes hahahaha happy holibobs everyone x

27 Jul 2011 23:27

Friend of mine has just paid for her holiday by saving up her £2 coins .....its a brilliant idea and just goes to show how it quickly mounts up

28 Jul 2011 09:09

We have a similar jar that we save our coppers in, if its anything less than a 50p it goes in there.
We called it the Airport jar, it pays for our pre flight drinks which are always an important part of starting our holiday off.

28 Jul 2011 09:13

We save £2 coins too. We have £178. Every penny counts.
Well done
xxx

28 Jul 2011 23:06

I know its hard to do as every pound that comes into the home counts these days, :( But, if you can, and do throw your loose shrapnel into the savings pot throughout the year you'll be surprised what you get at the end of it. A bit less to pay towards the holiday Efes fund when its time to go. :wink:

29 Jul 2011 08:11

Already a topic here on the tin opening ceremony. viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5212

It is wonderful to see how much can be saved, happy holidays :D

01 Aug 2011 09:36

We put our shrapnel in big jar usually get about £80 that is our airport spends also this year i have been putting 50p's and new £1 coins in piggy bank have so far bagged up £100 that is going with the money i got from selling some old broken jewellery so by the time we go (3wks 5days :D ) i should have about £300 to buy some more turkish sparklers :D happy days :lol:
Post a reply