Bolero drink mix

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Bolero drink mix

Postby oscarnorwich » 24 Jul 2011 14:46

Hi all,just thought I'd pass this on,Bolero drink mix makes up 1.5 litres of sugar free squash.It is in small sachets so ideal for taking on holiday especially if you have little ones with you.My youngest son was and still is a nightmare for taking out,he doesn't like any fizzy drinks at all,only a few flavours of squash or juice and even though he is nearly 18 cannot stand the taste of any beers,lagers or spirits.I feel lucky though as he is able to afford to run a car with his girlfriend and they are both still at college and only working part time,I doubt they could do it if they drank or smoked.
I don't know how to post a link to Bolero's website but if you are interested to see how many flavours they have and the price of them,just google Bolero drink mix.
oscarnorwich

Advertisement

Re: Bolero drink mix

Postby Chocoholic » 24 Jul 2011 16:06

Sounds like the Tang drink mixes you get in Turkey. I love these and freeze them in a little bottle to drink on my walks, much nicer than plain water.
Chocoholic

Postby oscarnorwich » 24 Jul 2011 16:49

I didn't see any tang drink mixes ,are they readily available,what flavours can you get please? We took large bottles of water to the beach each day as I'm not keen on fizzy drinks but not fussy about water either,that's why I bought the bolero.I'll have a look for tang when I come in September.
oscarnorwich

Postby blondie » 24 Jul 2011 16:55

Tang is available in most of the supermarkets - certainly Tansas, Dia and the one across from the Diva/Chef (can't remember its name). Think it's very sugary though - I believe you do get a sugar-free version, but not sure if you can get it in Turkey. It comes in a range of flavours - orange, cherry etc
blondie

Postby jayjay1950 » 24 Jul 2011 17:27

jayjay1950

Postby oscarnorwich » 24 Jul 2011 17:32

Thanks for posting the link,jayjay.I think I'll take the Bolero mix with me then I won't have to hunt for tang but can pick some up if I see it.
oscarnorwich

Advertisement

Postby oscarnorwich » 24 Jul 2011 17:38

There is another website I think where you can order a mixed box of 24,I wouldn't want to buy 24 all the same until I had tried them.
oscarnorwich

Postby jayjay1950 » 24 Jul 2011 18:57

jayjay1950

Postby serenaottaway » 27 Jul 2011 20:54

Hi, just about to visit Iclemer for the 3rd year and when the children were younger certainly had the "don't like it" with drinks. We came across Tang in the local Dia supermarket and if you mix it with more water than suggested it does not taste to strong. We also used to freeze it in plastic bottles "a bottle lolly" !!
serenaottaway
New User
New User

Postby JT » 28 Jul 2011 00:38

Robinsons cordials are available in Dia and Kippa supermarkets and similar price to the UK

There are lots of things available here that you would not realise and sometimes bar owners ask tourists to bring such as HP sauce to them yet it is now the same price here in Turkey as the UK and readily available
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby Amy- Mansfield » 02 Aug 2011 10:19

can you only order Bolero online or can you get in the supermarkets? x
Amy- Mansfield

Advertisement

Postby oscarnorwich » 13 Aug 2011 17:54

Hi Amy,I found it in an Ideal newsagent type of shop,I don't know whether it is one of a chain or not.They didn't stock all flavours whereas the website has a huge variety,I'll pop a packet in the post if you'd like to try it.If you'd like me to just e-mail me your address.
oscarnorwich

Postby Amy- Mansfield » 15 Aug 2011 12:29

oscarnorwich wrote:Hi Amy,I found it in an Ideal newsagent type of shop,I don't know whether it is one of a chain or not.They didn't stock all flavours whereas the website has a huge variety,I'll pop a packet in the post if you'd like to try it.If you'd like me to just e-mail me your address.

aww thankyou thats really kind of you! ill email it to you then, as long as you dnt mind of course? when are you going to be in icmeler? xx
Amy- Mansfield

Postby oscarnorwich » 15 Aug 2011 16:39

We arrive early hours of Sept 3rd,are you going this year or have you already been.Will try and post a sachet tomorrow,it is in the glove compartment of the other car which I've left outside my daughters house about 10 miles away.It broke down cos the battery discharged itself and I didn't want to pay the AA £100 for a new battery that they just happened to have on board the truck.We've got to sort it tomorrow morning.
oscarnorwich

Postby lostsoul » 17 Aug 2011 18:47

two free sachets till the end of august (cost of two 36p or 46p stamps plus envelope)
http://drink-bolero.com/shop/page/11?shop_param=

Drink the future & taste the difference!
Following last years successful free trial, we are bringing you a repeat offer to try Bolero for free!

For the month of August, we will send you two free sachets to sample the great taste of Bolero absolutely free.

Simply send us a stamped addressed evelope stating which two types you would like to try. We won't add you to a mailing list and we don't need any other details. This is a genuine offer which is merely aimed at introducing you to a great new product.

Please post to: Bolero Drinks Ltd, Unit 2, Toat Copse, Bashurst Hill, Horsham, RH13 0PA........

Offer is subject to one per household.
lostsoul

Postby oscarnorwich » 20 Aug 2011 07:56

Amy,it's in the post,at last.Sorry it took so long.I've got about 20 sachets ready to take with me.
oscarnorwich

Advertisement

Postby Amy- Mansfield » 20 Aug 2011 17:11

oscarnorwich wrote:We arrive early hours of Sept 3rd,are you going this year or have you already been.Will try and post a sachet tomorrow,it is in the glove compartment of the other car which I've left outside my daughters house about 10 miles away.It broke down cos the battery discharged itself and I didn't want to pay the AA £100 for a new battery that they just happened to have on board the truck.We've got to sort it tomorrow morning.

Hello! thankyou very much, got your letter this morning, thankyou for going to so much trouble to send it me!(hope you got your car sorted?!)... im gonna save it & take it to icmeler with me.... we go 26th aug - 9th sept :D maybe we could meet up for a drink one night & ill get you an efes for your trouble? :lol: xx
Amy- Mansfield

Postby oscarnorwich » 21 Aug 2011 11:55

That's very sweet of you Amy, it was nice to be able to help,we're staying along the coast a bit,Marmaris Park and not sure what we'll be doing yet.We're going to try and find the Tandoori Sizzler and take advantage of their cheap drinks offer (have you seen it advertised) so will hopefully be there a couple of evenings ,maybe see you in there.Hubby seems to be a bit allergic to alcohol so doesn't drink much,thank goodness I'm not!!
oscarnorwich

Postby Amy- Mansfield » 21 Aug 2011 16:02

oscarnorwich wrote:That's very sweet of you Amy, it was nice to be able to help,we're staying along the coast a bit,Marmaris Park and not sure what we'll be doing yet.We're going to try and find the Tandoori Sizzler and take advantage of their cheap drinks offer (have you seen it advertised) so will hopefully be there a couple of evenings ,maybe see you in there.Hubby seems to be a bit allergic to alcohol so doesn't drink much,thank goodness I'm not!!

yes we've seen the offer :lol: might have to take advantage of that a few nights too.....oh dear you'll have to have his share then :lol: if we dnt see you hope you have a lovely time xx
Amy- Mansfield

Postby oscarnorwich » 22 Aug 2011 13:25

Hope you have a good time too,we're taking our laptop so will be able to keep an eye on this forum and will post if we find any really good trips,also we'll be looking for tips from everybody else.
oscarnorwich

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.