What suntan lotion do you use & why?

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Re: What suntan lotion do you use & why?

Postby Southampton_Girl » 28 Apr 2012 11:54

I heard that Palmers was good to use... you've just reminded me to go buy some :-)

I have purchased the fast tanning Hawian Tripic for the last week I'm over there... to build up a great even tan..
Southampton_Girl

Advertisement

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 05 May 2012 10:58

i am a red head so my skin is very sensitive and needs a high factor as i burn easily
i use johnsons for my face and shoulders and asda's own brand for the rest of my body
was in ankara this past week and the weather was amazing - hitting 30 everyday so i used P20 which is a really good idea
put on 30 mins before going into the sun and its not greasy at all and only needs one application in a day
xxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Postby starchild01 » 05 May 2012 12:02

I am seriously thinking of trying Australian Gold this year. Has anybody used it before? Would be grateful for some feedback. Thanks :)
starchild01

Postby SheHulk » 19 May 2012 20:59

We've always used Nivea Sun Spray, except one year we used Piz Buin which I found hopeless to rub in :lol:
so going back on the Nivea
SheHulk
New User
New User

Postby Ariston16 » 26 Jun 2012 01:08

I use Ultrasun or P20 as both only need to be applied once a day, and don't stain your clothing (I hated having to reapply normal suntan lotion all day). Must admit I have a few sessions on the sunbed before my hols to help me get started as I'm fair skinned and would frazzle in the heat in July. Touch wood, I haven't burned nor peeled when on holiday since I started using them and now get a lovely tan.
Ariston16

Postby dragon » 26 Jun 2012 23:11

By only putting sunscreen on once a day don't you still have to moisturise as your skin would dry out? If you do, you might as well put the sunscreen on. I don't normally peel but without putting cream on a few times a day by the end of the holiday I'd be like a lizard shedding my skin :lol:
dragon

Advertisement

Postby sunseeker2011 » 07 Feb 2013 14:18

Guess I'm dragging up an old thread here but thought I'd add my own experiences...

We used to use 'normal' sun tan CREAMS but I find that when you get a bit sweaty (unavoidable in 40+ heat) the cream kind of 'leaks' out of your pores and it never seems to properly absorb.

Anyway, a friend of my wife told her about Riemann's P20 and although I was skeptical it really is wonderful stuff.
You do have to apply it 30 mins before sunbathing (but if you read most sun creams they also say similar) but it's non-greasy and doesn't stain clothing (although a few of my white shirts did have some faint yellow stains - not sure if this was from the oil or sweat lol)

It does say on the bottle that 1 application lasts all day and is extremely waterproof but I did tend to still re-apply after a lot of swimming (just in case lol)

Last year we just took the one bottle as we had loads of other creams but this year all I will be taking is P20 - there is 3 of us and I reckon 2 bottles each for 2 weeks. I know it's expensive but if I start buying in dribs and drabs it shouldn't hit the pocket too hard.

I will also have a few session on the sunbed but I have to be very careful as I have vitiligo (no melanin in some places)
sunseeker2011

• Advertisement

Previous

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.