Mobile phone calls and texting to uk

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Re: Mobile phone calls and texting to uk

Postby Fanny » 02 Aug 2012 19:44

smudgersmith wrote:On Orange phones - Text 'From Turkey' to 159 and you will recieve a text back with the prices for calling/texting/photo messaging to the UK.

Hi Smudger, just tried doing what you suggested and it won't send? Am still in the UK, so does your recommendation only work if you're in Turkey?
Thanks
Fanny

Advertisement

Postby pastie63 » 03 Aug 2012 11:39

Fanny wrote:
smudgersmith wrote:On Orange phones - Text 'From Turkey' to 159 and you will recieve a text back with the prices for calling/texting/photo messaging to the UK.

Hi Smudger, just tried doing what you suggested and it won't send? Am still in the UK, so does your recommendation only work if you're in Turkey?
Thanks

Hi Fanny,
i also have just tried texting 159 to find out Orange charges, i couldn't send it either
Any help please?
pastie63

Postby dragon » 03 Aug 2012 13:14

I received the info from Orange after sending my first text from Turkey. My text said ' pay no more than £1.30/min to make a call and 70p/min to receive a call in Turkey. Sending a text is 40p and photo message us up to £1. Browse the internet for £8/MB.'
dragon

Postby sunseeker2011 » 07 Feb 2013 07:46

I always turn my voicemail off before we go on holiday usually just as we're about to board the plane - this also reminds me to either turn off or switch to flight mode and switch off data roaming.

I'm on Vodafone and turn turn voicemail on & off is:
turn off - dial 1210
turn on - dial 1211

O2 numbers are:
turn off - dial 1760
turn on - dial 1750
sunseeker2011

• Advertisement

Previous

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.