For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.
Post a reply

VISAS.

21 Apr 2011 22:13

Just thought i would post a topic here for any newbies to Turkey regarding visas, as i have seen many people getting caught out when reaching the passport check in,not knowing that the visa is £10 English money. They will not accept Scottish money, or £20 sterling. I always put a £10 note in the back of my passport when i get one so it is there when i get to the airport. Hope this is helpful. Happy holidays to all travelling this summer. :D

Re: VISAS.

21 Apr 2011 22:24

This link shows that you can pay in different currencies
hhttp://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-fees-at-bor ... 010.en.mfa

21 Apr 2011 23:41

they will accept £20 english money for 2 people
but they wont give any change for £20 if you give it to them for one person
xxxx

22 Apr 2011 14:01

THAT WHAT I DO PUT £10 IN THE BACK OF MY PASSPORT SO I HAVE IT READY FOR THEM (NOT SCOTTISH MUST BE ENGLISH) :)

23 Jun 2011 10:41

i have just come back from icmeler on monday i got the 90 day in 180 day visa on entry do i have to pay another £10 pound when i go back on august 26th.

23 Jun 2011 17:21

If anypart of your holiday is outside 90 days, ie. it expires while away, then yes a new visa on arrival is required.
Steve

24 Jun 2011 00:32

ELAINEW63 wrote:THAT WHAT I DO PUT £10 IN THE BACK OF MY PASSPORT SO I HAVE IT READY FOR THEM (NOT SCOTTISH MUST BE ENGLISH) :)

You won't find an English £10 anywhere so you'll have to use £10 sterling (England hasn't got it's own currency, not yet anyway). Sorry if I'm being pedantic but it's something that gets my back up :evil:

26 Jun 2011 19:17

I am thinking of staying in Icmeler for a few months next year, or possibly longer, perhaps 1 year? Can anyone tell me if I am allowed to stay for 90 days on the tourist visa , leave the country then return again on another 90 day visa? If so how many time can I do this over the year? Or would I have to get a residency permit? Any advice for me?
Tracey

27 Jun 2011 15:52

tpott wrote:I am thinking of staying in Icmeler for a few months next year, or possibly longer, perhaps 1 year? Can anyone tell me if I am allowed to stay for 90 days on the tourist visa , leave the country then return again on another 90 day visa? If so how many time can I do this over the year? Or would I have to get a residency permit? Any advice for me?
Tracey

Far cheaper to get a residency permit than keep leaving, also new Visa system may be in next year where you can only stay 90 days out of 180.

Dave

27 Jun 2011 18:05

Many thanks Dave :)
Will try and find some info on residency permit. I don't suppose you know of any reliable estate agents for me to contact about renting an apartment?
Tracey
Post a reply