Anyone still waiting on refund?

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Anyone still waiting on refund?

Postby Burntscot » 23 Feb 2011 20:06

Is anyone still waiting on a refund from Goldtrail going under?

Still waiting from July, been told its now back in the travel agents hands but they are saying its still in court squawbling about somethings. Booked up for this year but made sure it was a major company. Couldn't handle not getting to Icmeler 2 years on the trot :-)
Burntscot
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: Anyone still waiting on refund?

Postby john G » 23 Feb 2011 20:41

Yeh, still waiting from a similar time as you - booked through Sunshine. Would never book through them again, they are a shambles. ATOL/CAA refused to pay which put it in the hands of Sunshine who said their parent company, Hays Travel, would pay. Hays refused and handed it back to Sunshine who in turn have returned my claim form, flight invoices/bank statements and told me to claim off their supplier failure cover. Had to ring Europ Assist to get more info and was told to download another claim form. Filled the form in and sent it away again with all invoices/bank statement etc - Sunshine in the meantime have asked me to claim off my holiday insurance and if they refuse I need to get this in writing and sent to Europ Assist.

So in a nutshell - still out of pocket by roughly £2000, back to square one after countless emails, phone calls and bloody 8 page claim forms to fill in. Nightmare. :twisted:
john G

Postby geordiedave1964 » 23 Feb 2011 21:53

got a full refund from on the beach with my goldtrail flight in nov or dec
geordiedave1964

Postby blondie » 23 Feb 2011 21:58

Not Goldtrail, but still waiting for my refund after Kiss went under
blondie

Postby maggie21 » 24 Feb 2011 08:51

We booked with Goldtrail then was rebooked with Kiss!! Had refunds from both in dec, will be booking with only major company this year!
maggie21

Postby JT » 24 Feb 2011 09:38

Booking with a Major company wont make any difference at all as those major companies you speak about also booked flights with the failed companies

Our company also was caught up with these companies going bust.

Our customers never had any problems at all with it as we informed them what had happened straight away and instead of worrying them we decided to rebook flights for them and pay ourselves for them.

So it is us that are still waiting for only one refund but as long as our customers were happy then that is all that matters.
JT
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

Postby blondie » 24 Feb 2011 09:42

Exactly, JT - we had booked through a major company and had no idea our flights were even with Kiss until I received an email telling me they'd gone bust! Back to ICR for us this year - worth every penny for the fantastic service and peace of mind.
blondie

Postby john G » 25 Feb 2011 15:23

Wish i'd booked with ICR, I've just had the claim form back from Europ Assist that I filled in last week with a letter saying that we should try with our holiday insurance 1st. If they don't play ball we then have to go to the credit card company and if they refuse then we have to fill the same form in again and send letters from both companies showing why they won't pay, to Europ Assist. Jumping through hoops again!

Makes you wonder what ATOL, CAA and any other supplier failure cover is for - as in our instance, they have been very, very unhelpful and all seem to be refusing, point blank, to issue any refunds. :evil:
john G

Postby carol0912 » 07 Mar 2011 18:53

Booked flight with goldtrail, which we lost. Booked second with kiss which went 1 month later. Booked totally new package with t***** c*** which was fine. Got both refunds start of December. Booked for this year with one of the biggest travel agents around so fingers crossed, everything will be alright.
carol0912

Postby john G » 08 Mar 2011 15:58

Sent of all the bumph to the credit card company, going to give them a try. Was lead to believe that they only paid out if you had bought direct, rather than a third party (Sunshine), but it's worth a go.

John
john G

Postby maggie21 » 09 Mar 2011 08:12

Have decided booking we ICR this year, planning to book for June & Sept, cant come quick enough!!
maggie21

Advertisement

Postby john G » 16 Mar 2011 14:18

I've just received a reply from Credit Card Company refusing a claim under section 75 for the Goldtrail flights I bought from Sunshine. Basically, if I'd bought flights direct with Goldtrail I would have a case but due to the fact the payment went to Sunshine there's no claim. Bu&&er, back to square one. :evil:
john G

Postby john G » 06 Apr 2011 15:20

Result - I've just received a letter from Europ Assist (Rock Supplier Failure Cover) and we have had a payout for the flights we lost due to the Goldtrail collapse.

Lost £50 per person (x 8 people) excess, but still over the moon we've had a result and the monies in the bank. :D

Happy days - John
john G

Postby fifegirl » 25 Apr 2011 16:49

maggie21 wrote:We booked with Goldtrail then was rebooked with Kiss!! Had refunds from both in dec, will be booking with only major company this year!

hI maggie
I was in the same situation as you with both companies. I got a full refund within 12 weeks with Kiss but had to wait longer for Goldtrail but got all my money back from them as well.
I have booked with on the beach again this year and so far a o k. Fifegirl.
fifegirl

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.