Advice Needed Please

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Advice Needed Please

Postby curlysandra1960 » 08 Sep 2010 16:09

Hi Everyone
As some of you are aware i have just finished my chemo for cancer, what im worried about is when i get to passport control as i know i dont look like my photo due to losing all my hair eyebrows and eyelashes. Im usless with make up and wouldnt be able to draw eyebrows to save me life .. What i was thinking of doing is taking my Birth certificate with me so that way i can verify who it says i am .. My passport is still in my maiden name as i had only just renewed it before i got married and i wasnt going to pay again for the name change does anyone think im going to have a problem ....

Thanks

Sandra & Mike
curlysandra1960

Advertisement

Re: Advice Needed Please

Postby dinky_cath » 08 Sep 2010 16:31

Hi Sandra,

I dıd not know you had been through Chemo - I hope you are on the mend :D

I guess takıng your bırth certıfıcate cant hurt - Do you have any medıcal records that can explaın thıngs?

I hope you get through wıthout a problem :D
dinky_cath

Postby curlysandra1960 » 08 Sep 2010 16:35

Cath thanks for the quick reply. I have been to jamaica twice on my passport and had no problems , its just with me losing all my hair that i dont look like my photo .. All the Documents i have relating to my treatment are all in my Married name so they wont be of any use .. I am getting a fit to fly from my doctor and he is putting all details in my maiden name so that should help too dont you think ...

Sandra & Mike
curlysandra1960

Postby dinky_cath » 08 Sep 2010 16:36

Brıng your marrıage certıfıcate too :)
dinky_cath

Postby Susi1962 » 12 Sep 2010 17:57

dinky_cath wrote:Brıng your marrıage certıfıcate too :)

That's a great idea - would save you bringing your birth certificate as it would have both names on?
Susi1962

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.