apartment virgins

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

apartment virgins

Postby sancher » 03 Aug 2010 14:14

We have been holidaying in Icmeler for a long time but have never stayed in apartments before. Basically we would appreciate any advice on what to take with us - what is provided, what is not provided eg. toilet rolls etc. I understand that this may vary depending on where you stay.
Last edited by sancher on 03 Aug 2010 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
sancher

Advertisement

Re: apartment virgins

Postby tamii » 03 Aug 2010 14:27

in all of the apartments i have stayed in you are provided with basic kitchen facilities i.e. crockery, cutlery, pots & pans, and cooking utensils. the apartment will have a fridge and a hob for cooking (some have microwaves and toasters but I don't think your apartments do)
you are normally provided with one toilet roll to start with then you have to supply your own. bed linen and towels are changed regularly.
some people take food from home that they can't do without i.e. butter, cheese, bacon, teabags etc. most things are available to buy in the supermarkets in Icmeler but can be expensive.
any other questions just ask ! :D
tamii

Postby sancher » 04 Aug 2010 13:06

tamii wrote:in all of the apartments i have stayed in you are provided with basic kitchen facilities i.e. crockery, cutlery, pots & pans, and cooking utensils. the apartment will have a fridge and a hob for cooking (some have microwaves and toasters but I don't think your apartments do)
you are normally provided with one toilet roll to start with then you have to supply your own. bed linen and towels are changed regularly.
some people take food from home that they can't do without i.e. butter, cheese, bacon, teabags etc. most things are available to buy in the supermarkets in Icmeler but can be expensive.
any other questions just ask ! :D

thankyou - useful advice - another question, if we want to eat in appartment sometimes what kind of things make a quick and easy meal?
sancher

Postby tamii » 04 Aug 2010 13:19

cereals for breakfast, fresh bread with spread or meats for lunch - the bread makes a lovely sandwich

i rarely self cater at night, but have had soup and cooked pasta before :D
tamii

Postby Chris » 04 Aug 2010 17:33

Omelettes :D
Chris

Postby sancher » 09 Aug 2010 09:16

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Can't wait for 20th August! :D
sancher

Advertisement

Postby efes shareholder » 15 Aug 2010 21:46

we always take a bottle opener/cork screw for carry outs from the tansas and also a bread knife as some of the knives in the apartments can be a bit ropey and pretty useless
I try and remember to pack a tea towel scourer for washing up and a packet of sweeteners for tea and coffee
Have taken cheese slice before and also bought mugs in resort as the apartment ones are tiddly!
efes shareholder

Postby curlysandra1960 » 18 Aug 2010 12:31

Can any s/caterer's tell me if apartments have iron and ironing board, i know i will have ironed clothes before we come out but some are bound to need ironing when i unpack and i dont like to look scruffy on a night out ...

Sandra & Mike
curlysandra1960

Postby blondie » 18 Aug 2010 12:33

Best to check with your particular apartment, sandra - we've stayed in some which do provide an iron and ironing board, but others which have not. Seems to vary from one place to another.
blondie

Postby curlysandra1960 » 18 Aug 2010 12:39

blondie wrote:Best to check with your particular apartment, sandra - we've stayed in some which do provide an iron and ironing board, but others which have not. Seems to vary from one place to another.

Thanks for quick reply blondie you help is much appreciated .I did email the apartments at begining of aug as yet no reply obviously they must be busy will take travel iron with us just in case and can always use table as an ironing board ...

Sandra & mike
curlysandra1960

Postby tamii » 18 Aug 2010 14:18

where are you staying Sandra??.......someone on here might know, save you the bother of taking an iron :D
tamii

Advertisement

Postby curlysandra1960 » 18 Aug 2010 14:21

tamii wrote:where are you staying Sandra??.......someone on here might know, save you the bother of taking an iron :D

Tammi we are staying the Mola Apartments , the iron i may have to take is a travel iron so wont take up much space plus we have 22kg baggage allowance .. can put it in hubby's case ...lol and thanks for the help ...

Sandra & Mike
curlysandra1960

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.