How do you pack?

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

How do you pack?

Postby kentlisa » 19 Jul 2010 11:05

Just something popped into my mind, we don't have a suitcase each and I mix everyone's clothes up (fam of 4) so we have a bit in each case. I'm an absolute worry gut's that it will be my suitcase that get's lost, not that it ever has. I know you can buy clothes etc anywhere and if it was my hubby or children i'm sure they would survive, but i'm a pint sized weeble with wide feet and I struggle to find clothes here in the UK which seems to cater quite well for all shapes and sizes, I doubt i'd find anything suitable elsewhere.

Am I the only mad hatter? It takes twice as long to unpack however, but funny enough that's hubby's job!
kentlisa

Advertisement

Re: How do you pack?

Postby dksbbs » 19 Jul 2010 11:16

We are the same, we split each persons cloths across suitcases as a precaution. I have lost my luggage once on a business trip and its not nice.

Dave
dksbbs

Postby tired mum » 19 Jul 2010 11:54

LOL this sounds like me as not an average 16 i think i might struggle so we always mix the clothing in case of disasters surprising how many people dont when you say that to them
tired mum

Postby itobradshaw1 » 19 Jul 2010 13:18

We mix all clothes in one case one holdall .I have 5kl the better half as 25kl .I still manage just
itobradshaw1

Postby carol0912 » 19 Jul 2010 16:49

Good idea. We usually pack separately but willl mix clothes this year, reason being I am going to take a small bottle of double strength diluting juice with me as I dont like plain water much and this is near impossible for me to get abroad. At least if it bursts we will still have some clothes to wear. I read if you pack juice in t-shirts in centre of case, well padded, it should be ok. Heres hoping. Thanks for sharing your idea, Carol
carol0912

Postby Danny » 19 Jul 2010 17:15

I mix all mine and kids clothes between two cases but hubby likes to have his own case with his stuff just hope his case doesnt ever go missing
Danny

Advertisement

Postby Doz » 20 Jul 2010 13:56

I mix mine and my husbands clothes between two cases and also mix day time and night time things between the two so at least if one goes missing I have some night time and some day time clothes for both of us in either case. I would die if my case got lost, I can hardly breathe for worry waiting at dalaman luggage claim for my case coming round. I also worry that it will have split open and all my clothes will be going around the carousel! :D
Doz

Postby tamii » 20 Jul 2010 14:24

Doz wrote:I also worry that it will have split open and all my clothes will be going around the carousel! :D

happened to me before!! shoes and underwear everywhere!! :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
tamii

Postby Susi1962 » 21 Jul 2010 15:06

I'm usually on my own so don't have the option and worry about losing case so - just as a precaution - I take a few items of clothing in my hand luggage and also wear layers!!
Susi1962

Postby Danny » 24 Jul 2010 13:40

im worrying already dont go till 7th aug but not sleeping to busy thinking about the weight of our cases its a nightmare 2 kids 2 adults trying to fit all the stuff in 3 cases carnt take any more hard to carry with handluggage and puschair could do with more hands we have got 20 kg each its just fitting it in 3 cases
Danny

Postby Susi1962 » 29 Jul 2010 09:22

Danny wrote:im worrying already dont go till 7th aug but not sleeping to busy thinking about the weight of our cases its a nightmare 2 kids 2 adults trying to fit all the stuff in 3 cases carnt take any more hard to carry with handluggage and puschair could do with more hands we have got 20 kg each its just fitting it in 3 cases

How about both adults using a lightweight backpack for hand luggage - frees up your hands?
Susi1962

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.