Overstay on Visa

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Overstay on Visa

Postby Annrd5 » 12 Jul 2010 15:23

Hi I came home from Dalaman airport on 28th June this year. I got my visa on 29th March and went to Marmaris 3 times. In my head I was thinking 3 months but it is 90 days so I was over by 1 day. The fine was 156 lira but I only had 60 lira and a credit card which they could not use. They gave me a form to sign which said I am banned for 5 years unless I get my next visa from the Turkish Embassy/Consulate in London in person. I think that costs £66 and they told me I still have to pay the 156 lira when I get back to Dalaman. It explains this on the Embassy web site.
Ann
Annrd5
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: Overstay on Visa

Postby tamii » 12 Jul 2010 15:45

wow it just goes to show how careful you need to be when checking your dates.

sorry to hear of your troubles - what an awful way to end a holiday :(
tamii

Postby John V » 12 Jul 2010 16:10

Reading this Ann shows how important it is to ensure that we all check the validation period of the Visa before reusing. Apart from the extra cost onto the holidays the additional running around involving the Turkish Embassy proves to be both expensive and time wasting.
Lets remember its 90 DAYS from date of Issue.
John V

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 21 Jul 2010 16:31

wow i will definitely need to change my flights then cause im 91 days too so im not chancing it
thanks for the warning
xxxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Postby zooniverse » 05 Jan 2011 01:20

Annrd5 wrote:Hi I came home from Dalaman airport on 28th June this year. I got my visa on 29th March and went to Marmaris 3 times. In my head I was thinking 3 months but it is 90 days so I was over by 1 day. The fine was 156 lira but I only had 60 lira and a credit card which they could not use. They gave me a form to sign which said I am banned for 5 years unless I get my next visa from the Turkish Embassy/Consulate in London in person. I think that costs £66 and they told me I still have to pay the 156 lira when I get back to Dalaman. It explains this on the Embassy web site.
Ann

hello ann
would there be any chance you could explain what happend after you visited the embassy (you stated on anothe rpost u went on 28th)
were u granted it?
how long did u wait?
how were u informed?
and if u were granted it what were the next steps?
and finaly if you werent granted it what did u do?

sorry for all the questions im in the same postion was 2 day over and cudnt pay at the airport now have a fine theres no 1 i know in the same situation and im going out of my mind not knowing as ive look on every website there is. please get back to me ..thankyou !!

EDIT: Please do not use text style language ie U , thank you col
zooniverse
New User
New User

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.