Spending Money

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Spending Money

Postby feebs1969 » 15 Jun 2010 07:05

Hi Everyone
We are coming to Icemeler for the 1st time on the 22nd June for 2 weeks :D - family of 5(two 18 year olds and a 14 year old). Will have spending money of about £2300 and just want to check this will be enough. the 18 year old will also have some money so that they can go out and enjoy themselves without the parents. :lol:
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Regards
Fee
feebs1969

Advertisement

Re: Spending Money

Postby tamii » 15 Jun 2010 08:12

that would give you an average of £32 per person per day. You don't mention what board you are going - if you are AI or Full Board then you would prob be able to manage on this, but if you are self catering you will prob struggle, unless you are planning to cook a lot of your meals.

This amount prob wont stretch to trips, shopping etc, but again don't know if you are fussed with things like that.
tamii

Postby Not the weakest link » 15 Jun 2010 08:14

More than enough, its about £1300 more than I manage to scrap together.

You'll be fine.

Bev
Not the weakest link

Postby dksbbs » 15 Jun 2010 11:00

Last year we managed on £31 per day per person and did trips etc, we did go for the occassional special menu or just to the chippy for the odd meal but other than that we went for it. This year I have upped the spending to £36 a head.

We are a family of four, my wife and I and two daughters 17 & 14

Dave
dksbbs

Postby Doz » 15 Jun 2010 13:04

you can always make it as cheap or as expensive as you want, it depends on if you need to go for three course meals every night and if you are drinking all day...we usually have breakfast through hotel as its included and sometimes an afternoon snack depending if we are hungry and then an evening meal with drinks all night and through the day and we can easily spend around £50 a day but you can cut this right down, we drink spirits which are really expensive (7-10 lira) but you could stick to efes which is usually on average 4 lira a bottle, there is also plenty of fast food places here where you can get amazing kebabs etc for next to nothing. Really you will manage on whatever budget you take as long as you stick to a daily budget and whatever is left at the end of the night is a bonus.
Doz

Postby Sayea » 15 Jun 2010 14:24

Oh lawd Ive managed to scrape together £1500 for 2 weeks for 2 adults and 1 8yr old.. now im alll worried (kinda) would of been more but my cooker commited sucide and took most of the kitchen and the washer with it.. sad times :lol:

Doz hmm i knew a doz off another site.. dozy doris slightly mad she was i was called berri on that other site wouldnt be the same person would it????
Sayea

Advertisement

Postby Not the weakest link » 15 Jun 2010 15:14

Sayea, you'll be fine i had £1000 for 4 of us SC last year. I usually have some disaster happen as well.

Trying AI this year so taking about £500 cos plan on eating out every other night or something, thats for 3 of us and get paid mid week so have wages to fall back on if necessary.

Mines the dishwasher broke and car tax due end of June and daughter starting uni in September so god knows what will happen with that.

I'm just glad to be getting away

Bev
Not the weakest link

Postby tired mum » 15 Jun 2010 19:59

We are a family of 4 2 adults n 2 kids 14&15 I have budgeted £40 per day per person going to eat brekkie in most days and eat in the apartment every other night or get a takeaway will this be enoughwe are SC not sure what the rules are round the pools if you are allowed your own water as soft drinks during the day bring the cost up
tired mum

Postby reesy1959 » 15 Jun 2010 20:08

tired mum wrote:We are a family of 4 2 adults n 2 kids 14&15 I have budgeted £40 per day per person going to eat brekkie in most days and eat in the apartment every other night or get a takeaway will this be enoughwe are SC not sure what the rules are round the pools if you are allowed your own water as soft drinks during the day bring the cost up

We usually holiday on our own, so its easy enough to eat and drink enough when we want to, but this year our Daughter and Grandson will be joining us for our second week.

We will have breakfast at the apartments as this is included, and where we stay, its only a few steps away from the pool to the apartments, so I will just make sure there is adequate soft drinks in our fridge in the room for our Grandson to nip in and get drinks when he wants. Usually you are not allowed to bring your own drinks etc to the swimming pool. Soft drinks are so expensive in Turkey, I really begrudge paying for them. We will also take some cheese and packet soups to have at lunch times in the apartment. Fresh bread from the bakery is so cheap to buy in Icmeler, so we will nip there for our bread and just buy some fruit and salad stuff from Tansas. She will also bring some pot noodles and other things that he likes to eat.

That way she will save quite a bit of money, then she will have dinner out. You can eat out cheap enough and if you go for the set menu's this usually includes a drink too, so really good value.
reesy1959

Postby CHUCHTER » 15 Jun 2010 22:27

Last year we were b and b and took around £1300 for 2 adults, we ate out every night, did not scrimp, went on boat trips, talk of the town show, turkish bath and dalyan trip and did shopping at market, and still had money left to spend on plane on way home. Hope this helps x
CHUCHTER

Postby John V » 16 Jun 2010 05:33

We found this year that with the slight increase in almost everything the spending money does seem to be used up just that little bit faster.
Take it easy for a couple of days when you first arrive have a look around as to what is available and select various types of eating places as you do not have to have the Sirloin Steak or Grilled Fish every night.
As said earlier the set menus are a good buy and I can recommend the one given at the Mandalin restaurant.
John V

Advertisement

Postby feebs1969 » 16 Jun 2010 07:02

Thanks for your replies everyone youve been alot of help. :D I have been to turkey before so had a rough idea of what the prices would be - but i know like everywhere things have went up in price! :( I normally take a few things with me like packet soup and supernoodles for lunchtime. We will eat out everynight and maybe breakfast out a few days. anyway I''l just need to Cut my coat to suit my cloth!!! So excited just doing all the packing just now which is not good lol.

Thanks again
Fee x
feebs1969

Postby JonnyH » 16 Jun 2010 11:54

7 of us managed on about £2500 last year so you will be fine!

This also included a few of us heading to the nightclub once in a while during the 2 weeks.
JonnyH

Postby rachel06 » 25 Jun 2010 09:45

We've just got back. We spent £50/£55 per couple per day. We ate breakfasts in most days and lunch occasionally but meals and drinks out at night every night. We also went on a boat trip and had drinks around the pool during the day time. There was even some money left over for a few gifts at the end of the holiday.

Icmeler can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be. If you want a cooked breakfast, lunch and 3 course evening meals out every day then it is going to be expensive, but to be honest, when it's so hot you can't eat that much.
rachel06

Postby stringerbell » 04 Jul 2010 15:58

if you enjoy a good drink to put it bluntly then i would be wary,food although having gone up over the last year can still be quite reasonable,but drinks are more expensive than here in some cases,a large soft drink can add up to 7 lire which is around 3 quid,wine is a complete rip off at 8 lire per glass or up to 32 lire a bottle,(wine lodge/wetherspoons do it at £5 a bottle and its better!!!!)lager is between3.50 and 6 per bottle/pint depending where you go,so based on the current prices going from bar to bar with pre and post evening drinks it can work out quite expensive
stringerbell

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.