For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.
Post a reply

advance passenger info

29 May 2010 15:17

We booked our holiday ( regrettably not ICR) online, I won't mention the travel agent as I don't think its allowed.
Its the first time I have ever done it like this. My friend booked with Thompsons and said that they have a website for booking Advanced passenger information before they fly. She said that she has been told that you could be refused permission to fly if you don't do this.
I rang our travel agent just and he says that if they are not asking their customers to do this then we don't need to, is this right? any help would be appreciated as we also lost our flights when Custom Flights went bust. luckily we have got flights and the claim is going through the CAA.

Re: advance passenger info

29 May 2010 16:06

i would insist that your travel agent takes the advanced passenger information and puts it in cause i dont think its worth taking the chance and being denied entry into turkey
i dont know how seriously they are taking it but the company we booked our flights through are making sure that every passenger is entering their advanced passenger information
hope this helps
xxxxx

29 May 2010 16:50

If you booked your holiday online then you can fill in your own passenger information on thier company website. Better to be safe than sorry!

29 May 2010 17:06

Advanced Passenger Information has nothing to do with Turkey as Katie posted above, It is UK government legislation that all travellers to and from this country submit their details.
Posted the info below.

Advance Passenger Information

The UK Government has introduced legislation that requires airlines to submit Advance Passenger Information on all flights to and from the UK. The programme, known as e-Borders, is being implemented on a route by route basis throughout 2009.

Many countries, such as Canada, Spain and the USA have already introduced legislation requiring all airlines flying to these countries to collect and supply Advance Passenger Information, commonly known as APIS data.

We are legally obliged to collect passenger information from all customers (including infants) who are travelling to, and in some cases from, those countries involved in your itinerary that require information, for electronic transmission to the relevant country's Customs and Immigration authorities prior to departure.

We will only provide each country with the relevant information requested by them for law enforcement purposes, the contents of which will not be used for any type of marketing activity. In addition to APIS data, some countries, including the USA, require direct access to Passenger Name Record (PNR) data. This is a copy of your electronic record created by us for the purpose of recording your flight reservations and which may include other information such as contact details and method of payment.

30 May 2010 10:34

we booked with thompson and have a personel booking page which when you log on requests that you fill in the advance pass info,it tells you it is required.
Also when we went to Tenerife in march with monarch they insisted that you fill it in.
So i would say that you definatly do have to supply the info.
I am surprised that a travel agent in UK dosnt know you have to supply this because I knew it was a requirment and went looking for the place to fill it in.
Good luck i am sure you will get it sorted.

30 May 2010 11:51

yeah as someone said its a UK government legislation and it must be completed to travel to bodrum, antalya, dalaman or istanbul airport
if you dont complete it you may not be accepted
personally i wouldnt take a chance
xxxxx

30 May 2010 14:22

Thanks for the replies. I have looked on Google and there are many different answers so I have emailed Onur Air as I cant find an API on their web site and I am presuming that its the airlines who need this info. There seems to be loads of confusion over this issue.

30 May 2010 19:28

yeah the airlines need the information
its not complicated
its just your name and passport number basically
few other little details but thats all i think its just to tighten up security
xxxxx

30 May 2010 19:33

we are flying with kthy and emailed them in london was told i didnt need to do it because they are not a scheduled airline.
Post a reply