Questionairres

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Postby reesy1959 » 20 Jul 2009 20:19

Colette wrote:Thanks Tink, am dreading it :shock:

I go ermm 25th Sept

hope this thermal camera can't see me undies :lol: :lol:

Simple solution Col = dont wear any chick.........xx
reesy1959

Advertisement

Postby Colette » 21 Jul 2009 05:49

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Colette

Postby andytaj » 21 Jul 2009 16:26

Thanks for the kind thoughts.

My daughter is feeling a little better, but the flu has also left her with Tonsilitis, which, according to the doc, is fairly common.

Coupled with the "Time of the month" she has had a triple whammy.

The rest of the household are fine............

So far :?
andytaj

Postby tinkerbelle » 24 Jul 2009 07:27

Can I remind all to check that their travel insurance does not have pandemic exclusion, some policies have this and it is possible that if you or any of your travelling family get it you may not be covered. If it has got it you need to ring and check as some firms are making exceptions and if it's not covered you may need to get new insurance at least two weeks before you go to cover the money spent.
tinkerbelle

Postby salford_steve » 24 Jul 2009 09:14

My doctors prescribed me Tamiflu, I don't think I have swine flu just feel a little under the weather but he's prescribed them to me anyway.

Steve
Last edited by salford_steve on 24 Jul 2009 13:57, edited 1 time in total.
salford_steve

Postby jo_marie » 24 Jul 2009 11:44

If anyone has just come back, do you know anymore on the screening thats going on at Dalaman, or if anyone has any info on it could they kindly explain it to me.
Thanks
:D
jo_marie

Advertisement

Postby dksbbs » 24 Jul 2009 16:05

Normal body temperature is between 36.1–37.8 °C, above this temperature you are normally classed as having a fever which is one of the symptoms of flu.

Normally to take someones temperature requires the use of an oral thermometre however this can not be used for hundreds of people leaving an aircraft due to the time it would take, another way is to take a picture of person with a thermal image camera, it looks like a normal camera but instead of a taking picture of light it takes a picture of heat, the camera translates temperatures into colours, this way people can be checked quickly if they have an elevated temperature. The procedure is none evasive, I understand that those concerned with hot flushes should not be as the camera can tell the difference as it is looking at overall body temperature.

Look at the following link it shows a group of people as a thermal image, none of them are showing a fever.

http://img.timeinc.net/time/photoessays ... ers_01.jpg

Dave

Dave
dksbbs

Re: Questionairres

Postby Sayea » 02 Sep 2009 11:55

hmm hopefully by next year there will be no need for thermal image scans for flu - I currently run 2 - 3 degrees hotter then most folk - quirk of my genes im told - so ill set off any thermal scans.. :(
Sayea

• Advertisement

Previous

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.