Reesy's holiday review.

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Reesy's holiday review.

Postby reesy1959 » 08 Nov 2009 10:07

First of all, sorry for being late putting the review on.

Left Cardiff on Oct 8th a few minutes early and we had a good flight arriving at Dalaman about 15 minutes ahead of schedule. We made our way through a very empty Dalaman to Visa and soon we were waiting for our suitcases. Our cases were one of the first few to come through and in no time at all we were heading outside and our friends were waiting to take us to Icmeler.

We made good time, stopping off on the way for some Turkish bread (forget the name of it) but apparantelly its something to do with the black seed or black sea and really nice. Soon we were arriving at our apartments (non ICR) where we were shown to our rooms. We had left our clothes there in June and these were all washed, ironed and hung up in the wardrobe for us. We soon made our way to the bar for a few drinks and discovered that a party had been arranged for the Friday night, I explained that we couldn't go as we had planned to meet at Vinces for the ICR meet up, but seeing as all this had been arranged for us, we felt obliged to stay at the apartments for the Friday evening.

I texted Dotty and arranged to meet her for a few drinks in the afternoon at the Havana Bar, where we met up with Colette and Wendy. We had a really good afternoon and were well entertained by Zaza's humour. We left about 6pm as Dotty and Greg were flying home the next day.

We didnt eat out too many times on this holiday as Phill had his usual bad stomachs, infact, he lost 8lb while we were away. (I gained 4lb !!) I think it looks like I will soon be a skivvy to the kitchen while in Icmeler, because he only seems to like the things I make in the apartment. He is such a fussy eater anyway, even at home, but he makes himself ill just thinking about food.

We did eat out in Titanic and had a fabulous fillet steak. We also ate in 3 bells and Ozzys. I had a couple of afternoon snacks at Karadeniz Pide, and this place was fantastic. So cheap and everything is freshly cooked. I will definitely return there next year.

We didnt venture too far from the apartments during this holiday and mainly went around the old town, looking for new places to eat and drink. Only once we went to Marmaris, and we had a lift in the car, then we got the taxi boat back to Icmeler. We didnt even have a dolmus ride during our two weeks!

We popped into Vince's one night to say bye to Colette and her Ma and Pa, as they were leaving in the early hours of the morning. We only had one drink then Colette was on her way to finish the packing.

I managed to get my fake designer jeans, I didnt go to Greenhouse though as a friend of mine took me to a place she knows and I managed to get 4 pairs for £70. I had one G Star Raw, 2 pairs of D&G, and 1 pair of Armani. Alterations were made and I was well pleased with my purchase. I also managed to get my Turkish Crescent this time and I had my own chain altered to fit the crescent. With the remainder of my necklace, I got this made into a bracelet. Its ideal for a charm bracelet, so I have hinted for gold charms for Xmas :lol:

We made some great friends on this holiday and we hope to meet them again next year.

It was a different holiday once again and none of the plans we had made were kept due to unforseen circumstances.

Apologies to any ICR members that were at Vinces on the Friday meets as we were unable to attend any of these.

All too soon the holiday was over and we were on our way back to the airport. Once again our friends stopped to get their fresh bread. We got to the airport on good time and checked the screen and noticed there was no delays. We soon made our way through to the boarding gate and boarded the plane early. We left 25 minutes earlier than scheduled and arrived at Cardiff 35 minutes earlier than we should.

Once again, another great time in Icmeler and we look forward to June next year.

Sorry I have no photos, but I took my camera charger but left my camera on the kitchen worktop!!
reesy1959

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews