10-17th sept Kapmar Hotel - My Review

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

10-17th sept Kapmar Hotel - My Review

Postby wicked » 24 Sep 2009 10:05

After pleading with everyone else to write a review when they get back from Icmeler, thought it was about time i did mine!

Flew out from Exeter airport 18.10 on thursday 10th Sept. Good flight, arrived dalaman Just after midnight (turkish time) The queue for visa and passport control werent too bad and got through both in about 25 minutes. Luggage came off quickly and outside our private transfer was waiting for us. Anybody that hasnt used a private transfer this IS the only way to get to icmeler quickly and also when its time to get picked up to go back to Dalaman you get a bit longer in the resort than if you were getting a coach transfer. It really is worth the extra money.

Arrived at our accomodation and everything was locked up :shock: (not icr). Managed to find a bell and woke somebody up! They showed us to our one bed apartment and was a bit annoyed that it was a double bed in the bedroom (should point out that i was on holiday with my mum, im 41 and she is 65)! Anyway thought we would hopeully change apartments in the morning. Although it was an apartment we had booked bed and breakfast, so in the morning we went and had some breakfast. After one cup of tea my mum asked for another one and we were amazed when they said she would have to pay for another one as only one cup was included!! :shock: Anyway, went to reception and asked to be moved to a twin bedded apartment. Cut a long story short they were full and said they would not be able to move us all week, so we were off! And so glad we ended up at the Kapmar Hotel.

The kapmar is a really nice hotel. Excellent staff, nice rooms, nice pool with plenty of sunbeds and what a lovely central location. Had a beautiful view of the mountains from our balcony.

Friday and saturday was rain like ive never seen before, was a bit worried as we were only there for 1 week but thankfully the rest of the week was lovely and hot. Some days on the beach there was a breeze which was very welcome! One morning when we were walking down to the beach we looked at the temperature display and it was 48 degs. On the saturday afternoon when the rain eased off and was just cloudy we got the dolmus to Turunc and so glad we did. Have been to Turunc before but only by taxi boat. On the bus there are some lovely views up in the mountains although i must say some of the bends are a bit hairy!

Spent the rest of the week on the beach. Patrick has definately gone now from the front of the Yakamoz which is a shame, he is apparently on another part of the beach but we didnt see him. Ibo and the doctor looked after us well though.

Ate at our usuasl favourite places: Chef, Champagne bar, lighthouse and Majestic. Had a lovely meal in all of them although i think its time Majestic changed their entertainment, same thing for a few years now! Has anyone seen the breakdancers doing the rounds out there, they really are something else and well worth seeing. Your body shouldnt be able to get in those positions :lol:

Also tried titantic for the 1st time, it was ok.
Had heard so much about ozzys and was determined to go this year and so glad we did! There were eight of us went and i thought everything about this place was absolutely 1st class. Although in the old village it is only a 10 minute walk from the square and well worth the walk. Ate one night at the kapmar as we knackered and this was also a really nice meal which they brought up to our room and then set it up on our balcony for us.

Had lunch most days at the Erdem beach cafe, brilliant value as always and you must try their apple pie :D Best breakfast we had was at the Yakamoz.

Mazz, always a pleasure and good fun to spend time with you and your family and thankyou for introducing us to 3 new friends. Sorry i wasnt the party animal that youve seen in previous years but i am in my forties now and very soon you will know what that feels like :lol:

A week just isnt long enough but it doesnt matter how long you go for you still dont want to come home from icmeler.

All of you still to go, have a fantastic time, know you will!

Icr are doing the Kapmar and wouldnt hesitate in recommending this hotel, wish we had booked it in the 1st place rather than paying for 2 lots of accomodation! Never mind!

"The tan may soon fade but the memories wont"
wicked

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews