Stayed at Bonjour

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Stayed at Bonjour

Postby Dancing Lucy » 05 Sep 2009 06:28

Well Ive been back a week now and am sick of the rain and wind in Manchester after last week in Icmeler

Flight out
We left Manchester on time at 7.35 and had an enjoyable flight out

Arrival at Dalaman
Went through visa control and passport control quickly I am always amazed at how quick the queue goes down then down for cases which again always come through so quick we were lucky and ours were part of the first lot got them and outside to meet ICR driver who was waiting for us with a mini bus there were a few others going to Icmeler as well. The drive only took about hour and half and we arrived at our hotel with no trouble.

Hotel
I have never stayed at Bonjour before but must say this was our 15th visit to Icmeler and I have stayed in many of the hotels and apartments but none of the rooms were as nice as these they have been modernised and seems no expense has been spared they are lovely. The hotel is in a good spot near centre and the staff are lovely there was no hassle to eat there each night although we did eat there a couple of nights and the meals were excellent. I like to try different places and as we know a lot of people there we like to visit them so this hotel was ideal as you didnt feel uncomfortable going out in the evening as some hotels are coming after you asking why you not eating there this was much appreciated and we did go back most nights and had the last couple of drinks there. The pool area was very nice and tidy with plenty of beds and a jacuzzi. A good thing was we were bed and breakfast and they served you with english breakfast or bacon sandwich or scrambled egg in fact anything you wanted included in the price normally you get turkish breakfast and have to pay for anything else as my hubby doesnt each cheese or the salami thingy he never gets any breakfast. We needed to keep our room as we had a night flight back this was no problem and we were able to keep it until 9pm.

Resort
Seemed much busier than last year although it was sad to see so many places shut down, not much hassle main ones were hairdressers a bit off putting when you are dressed for a night out with hair nicely straightened and they come after you asking you to have your hair done!! Beach road was a bit of a pain as well this year as you walked along they were trying to get you to have a sunbed as I have always used Denis Kapisi beach it was a bit like walking the gauntlet but a polite no thanks was okay for most only exception was the newer ones near the toilets at the end who said something in turkish when you said no thanks. The camel is still around for photos. Exchange rate was quite good we got 2.45 in Wonder boys on the main road but most places were 2.41 much better than last year.

Eating out
We ate at 3 Bells (4 bells), Venice, Bonjour, Denis Kapisi which were all lovely only meal not so good was a cafe bar opposite Buffalo on the corner it was okay but wouldnt go back but quite cheap so prob get what you pay for.
My daughter and her husband and 4 little boys were staying in Marmaris one of my Grandsons was 7 while we were there so I arranged a party for him at Denis Kapisi and they were fantastic the table was all decorated with banners and balloons for him and he got a kids cocktail along with singing waiters and after the lovely meal they brought him a really nice choclate cake with Happy Birthday Charlie 7 on it and the price was very reasonable.

Trips
Dont really do trips we have done all in the past but I did go on ICRs horse safari which was a good day

People
We have made some nice new friends at the Bonjour and will definately return there next year I also met some nice young people from the Isle of Man who were staying at our hotel and a nice couple from Leeds hope these all had safe trips back and will be returning to Icmeler.

Back home
Flight back was about 15 mins late but made up time and got back to Manchester to rain and it doesnt seem to have stopped since.

Megan
Dancing Lucy

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews