ALVARO 08.08.09 UNTIL 21.08.09

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

ALVARO 08.08.09 UNTIL 21.08.09

Postby sue.c » 25 Aug 2009 12:14

after a 3hr delay out of newcastle we finally arrives at the Alvaro at about 8am on the 08.08.09. lovely hellos from the owners and staff . weather very very hot had a lovely room 101 with a double balconly this is our fifth time here so we know our way round qite well.
Eate at the titanic a few times meals always lovely the Lemontree again very nice, The lighthouse, lush again, Red Lion gone down hill a bit in there this year Romance which was again very nice chef Hubby and I very quite ill after eating there and we both had the same meal, so that tells you something, the worst meal had to be Valentinos which used to be called the baron they have a set meal 17lira for chicken for 5 courses which included tea and coffee we went for steak one which was 22lira good value we thought until hubby`s soup arrived in a chipped bowl, the waiter constantly kept knocking my chair to go to the bar thinking it was a shortcut. the steak arrived covered in mushrooms and onions to hide the size of the steak. no steak knife it was impossible to cut the knife would not have cut air. We waited 3/4hr for our sweet in the end we asked for the bill they said your sweet we said it does not matter we want to get out of here. My hubby told the owner on the way out saying how disgusted we were after he had asked us 3 times to go there and we gave him a chance three tables had come in after us and had been waited on and left one head waited was too busy wrapping his arm around two middle aged women hopefully to get his way with them. he said come back in please we said now and would not be returning he thanked us for our comments and hoped to correct them and he went back into the restaurant and started to play h*** with the staff.
that was the only rant we have this year, that restaurant, we bought plenty in the shops and the market the first time my young son had been to the market and he was laughing at all the patter the traders had. £10.00 per kilo for overweight luggage we were ok as we paid for 20 kilos went we booked the holiday.

We had an excellent holiday and i am going to book for next year very shortly the turkish people always remember us and treat us lovely as i say the Valentions/baron restaurant was the only fault or and the sunbed brigade out very early 6am to place towels on beds and not using them and keeping them for friends who were not even staying in the Alvaro not fair when we have paid to stay there and cannot get a sunbed .
anyway roll on next year
sue
sue.c

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews