Review 7th - 21st June

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Review 7th - 21st June

Postby Pooise » 28 Jun 2009 18:47

Finally got over my holiday blues, and thought I'd post my review of my 12th visit to Icmeler.
Flight out with Flyglobespan was fine, and arrived on time at a dusky Dalaman...bliss! Transfer wasn't too bad and stopped at a rather swish place for a break. Couldn't resist a chicken shish and glass of ayran to welcome us back. after a few stops in Marmaris we eventually arrived at Castle aparts just before midnight and headed down to the bar for a well deserved efes!
Apartments were basic (we did have 4 balconies though!!) but they were quiet, had 2 pools and could guarantee a sunbed everyday in the sun. The owners were really friendly and would do anything for you. The walk into town took about 10 minutes, however we were lucky as friends from romeo & juliet drove us home most nights! So no stumblling back in the dark!

We travelled to Mersin mid holiday to visit my husbands family, which took a gruelling 15 hours by bus, but was worth it to see them all. Same journey back after 4 days and arrived back in Icmeler tuesday mornig to soak up the sun!

Had a few days in Marmaris wondering round the indoor bazaar, also had a drive through to Turunc and Kulumbuk which was nice and quiet, we had the beach to ourselves at Kulumbuk, apart from a boat trip which was leaving as we arrived!

Had a few really nice meals out... kontes beach and dream 3 bells have to say were superb. We mostly ate though at the smaller turkish restaurants, which again were great.

Had my hair done whilst out there, full colour, highlights and cut. Had it done at Excellence opposite hotel Navy, the boys done a really good job. Hubby had his regualr shaves there too, and was talked into having the fine hairs waxed from his ears. Never laughed so much at them trying to rip it off...the lads had to hold him in the chair to stop him from running away!! The owner is a friend of my hubby's so think they may have been pulling a bit too hard to inflict a bit of pain, but was rather funny!

I love my trips back to Icmeler as holds so many memories and it's nice to catch up with old friends. Think next year though may travel a bit further east of Turkey, maybe Antalya way, as the journey to see the family is just too much to do from Icmeler. Saying that, the last 3 years of saying the same thing has still seen us booking for Icmeler, so who knows!

All in all though a very happy holiday was had!
Pooise

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews