Holiday in Icmeler 2009

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Holiday in Icmeler 2009

Postby duffaire » 03 Jun 2009 14:09

Both unable to sleep the night before flight, too excited, so watched TV until the taxi arrived at 3am Friday 15th May, arrived at Glasgow airport at 3.15am, check-in desks open so booked in by 3.30, went to other terminal and stayed outside having a fag or 10, eventually went up to have something to eat then more fags outside, well it's a long flight isn't it :lol: then off to duty free, got fags for the holiday and some to bring back, also Vodi and perfumes for Margo, then off to gate for boarding which seemed to arrive quickly. Plane left on time and it was a very smooth flight, meal not bad, after the meal Margo fell asleep and woke up when we landed, quickly through passport control and collected our cases then out to find rep for coach, got to coach and found that there was no front seat for Margo, she is disabled and can't walk far, so rep asked if the man sitting there would mind letting her have his seat, thanks to Ann'e husband for giving it up and bliss for me she sat with Ann nattering to each other the whole way to Icmeler :lol: that left me in peace for the 2and half hours of the trip.
Arrived at the Efes Inn and welcomed like old friends by reception, gave us keys to our room, same one as last time, thanks Teoman, went to room and unpacked, surprise surprise, was able to hang my clothes in the wardrobe this year, after a few drinks, Margo not me, showered and dressed ready to go to Vince's.
Had a good look around on the way, a lot of bars closed, also some shops shut, just as we got outside Vince's we heard our names called out and Big John Toohey came to greet us, nice touch that John, he got us seated and then introduced us to other members of the forum, later we met the lovely Sharon and the unforgettable Donna, also met John's wife again who we have known for some years. Next to arrive was Rami and his intended, both lovely people, Margo struck up a friendship with Rami's girlfriend.
Now if you want a good night and an excellent meal you must visit Vince's, the food was so good that we eat there most nights, try the Fish in Salt, fantastic, and I don't usually like fish, but this was so good I cleared my plate a wanted more. All the meals we had here were exceptional and Vince is the perfect host, I think that during the night he sat and talked to everyone there.
About 11pm we were both knackered so went back to the Efes and slept until about 11am the next morning.
Margo's hairdresser is going to Icmeler in July and asked us to check out the Bonjour for her, so we went there to have breakfast then look at the rooms, the reception girl was very happy to show us the rooms, and they also have some apartments which we looked at, I have to tell you these are really nice and the pool area was very nice too.
Back in the Bonjour bar we met some people who turned out to be from my own town, had a good chat about the changes there and became good friends, Hi Geraldene, Brian, Josie and her partner, looking forward to seeing Geraldene and Brian when they come for a visit to our mobile home in Scotland in August, then in Icmeler in September.
Went for a walk down the canal and beach, no changes there, then back to Efes for a shower and change for the evening, went back to the Bonjour for a meal and met Ferhat, the owner who is Vince's brother, also Alec and the boys who were very welcoming, late night tonight and shattered, must be getting old :lol:
Monday we booked to go to the Steela show at the Harmony Bar on Tuesday, this is a great show, laughter all the way and the meal was excellent.
Wednesday morning went to Denez Kapisi beach, this is very narrow and near the water, much better than the other end of the Icmeler beach, they even have tables and chair in the sea, well worth a visit.
As mentioned before, we had our meals mostly in Vince's, enjoyed it there so much that we cancelled half board for September and will eat here most nights, but would also recommend the Bonjour and Cupids, which are all owned by Vince and his brother Ferhat, for cakes you must try Cocoa Beach, the cake are fabulous and the portions are enough for 2 people.
We had a wonderfull holiday and are looking forward to our return in September, sadly it went too quckly as always, Friday morning and ready for coach to take us back to Dalman and the flight home. Ann was seated in the front seat again, so my ears had a rest for the journey :lol: Thank you Ann.
Got to check-in and guess what, we are overwieght again and they want £64, Margo had a word with a very nice lady and we ended up paying £40, Margo has been spending on bedcovers again,
Flight left early so arrived at Glasgow about 5pm home by 6pm.
If youall enjoy your holiday as much as we did you will have a great time this year in Icmeler, we found that yes prices were slightly higher this year, but then again they are not as high as we thought they would be, still good value for money and the people there make our holidays what they are, you can't beat it.
duffaire

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews