May 2009

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

May 2009

Postby Sue » 31 May 2009 08:37

Just back after a fantastic 2 week holiday.

We flew with Onur air, I would advise that if you are more than 5 foot 5 to pay for an exit seat at the chekin as it was very cramped this year, also be careful when paying for items on the flight that you get your change back.

The weather was superb, we had one day when the heavens opened at 2.00pm and did not stop, I happened to be in the mud baths at the time. :lol:

Many changes in the resort, restaurant and bar owners have been told by the new mayor that they are either a restaurant or a bar they cannot be both and have a few weeks to decide. Many places we found to be shut, DeJa Vue was closed on our last night due to hassle. Walking round the resort we did not get any hassle at all

We spent most of our time in the old village as the resort is getting rather noisy for us, ate at Cubannas, Kardelin, Sylvias, Nefis Pede, Bonjour and Wayside(thought they were expensive)

The dolmus runs a service now which is sitting only, once all the seats are taken no one else can get on.

The market was open the first week but there was a lot off hassle Kurdish people were opening up their stalls with no licences so they were told to shut straight away, the second weeks we went there was only fruit and veg stalls and there were vans outside the market trading from the back of their vans.

We spent 4 days in Turunc this time for a change and loved it, could not stay there though as the night life is non existant.

Efes was 3.50 lira, coffee was 3.5 lira, we found coffee rather expensive in some places this year.

We did 2 boat trips at £8.50 each, we found all the other trips had gone up in price quite a lot.

Cant think of anything else to write, just thought I would let you know what the changes are with the major.

Even thought prices have gone up and the major is causing havoc in the resort it will not stop me from going back to my beautiful paradise
Sue

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews