holiday review

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

holiday review

Postby configure34 » 20 May 2009 14:37

[/b]hey all, just thought id post a holiday review of the elif hotel which we have just returned from.

u couldnt ask for a better hotel, the rooms were spacious with a single bed and a double bed and the views were unbelievable, u just go onto the balcony and see the mountains surounding u, and the calm sea, wonderful. the only gripe me and my hubby had was with the bar/restaurant where u had ur breakfast. now everywhere els we have stopped that was b/b, u had a choice of turkish breakfast, cereal and bread and honey, and english breakfast at a cost, but for the 1st time all this bar offered was the turkish breakfast which i and my hubby just can not eat and bread and jam. we asked for cereal and they didnt tell us that they were chargin us for it FIVE lira EACH!! we had a look in the nearest market and a box of cornflakes was just over the 5 lira!! i asked for honey, they charged me for that! so bought my own honey !

then one day we were sitting round the pool and we got told that we could not buy our water from anywhere els but there bar if we were to stay at the pool, there water was 4 lira and the water in the market opposite was 1 lira for a large bottle. by that time i had had enough and complained to the rep, who agreed that there should be cereal and honey available and had a word with them and they agreed to let us have it, but only us, we were asked to keep it quiet!! so if any1 wants cereal and honey for breakfast, just have a moan to the rep and he will sort it! the rep also agreed that it was stupid of them not to let us get water from anywhere els and sorted that for us too.

but the very best thing about this hotel was that every1 that was there when we were there was english, no disrespect to other nationalities but it was lovely to speak to every1, we especially enjoyed talkin to patty and her hubby, they were brilliant and even let us have there weighing scales for our luggage cos they were SO over weight comin (1st suitcase 22kgs n 2nd was 28kgs!!!) so thank you again for them patty, u saved us a lot of money lol :D

i also got very bad prickly heat and tried to get this injection that some1 on ere said that we can get for £14, went to the pharmacy and they had never heard of it, so went into icmeler online and spoke to this really lovely lady who phoned a doctor for me, he did do the injection, at a cost of 140 lira!!!!! there was no way on this earth i would pay it, so i went back to the pharmacy and got some gel that cost 9 lira and it cleared it up in a couple of days!

all in all the holiday was fantastic and memet and ant from the bar were brilliant, they were so funny! there was another turkish bloke called tom who also worked there, in all the years going to different parts of turkey, i have never met a more misserable turkish person in my life, he was fine the 1st week, then just changed, he made me feel really uncomfortable, he would speak to my hubby and just blank me! so beware!!!!!! taked to memet about this and his reply was that HE had to cope with him everyday!

there is also no where near the hassle this year that there has been in previous years and that made the holiday a lot more bearable, u still get a little hassle but they are pleasant with it now and u dont feel as if they are swearing at u when u say no thank you lol

i would also recommend takin english money with you, we didnt take turkish cos the exchange rate was so poor over ere, we changed it in the markets and there exchange rates were really good compared to exchange offices and the hotel rates.

we had a brilliant time with a lot of lovely people, cant wait for next year, would definatly go back to the elif hotel :D

nick n gaz xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
configure34
New User
New User

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews