Jems long review.

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Jems long review.

Postby Jemini » 31 Aug 2008 19:08

Hi Icmelarians. Hope this wont bore you all but here is my review from day 1.
Started out to Birmingham airport and never thought we would make it in time. Got on to the Motorway and there had been an accident so most of the time traffic was at a standstill :( We arrived at the airport with 20 mins to spare. Had a quick snack then boarded. Nice flight but NO leg room with TC.I was able to smoke on the plane due to having stopped smoking and had my Nicorette ciggie, fantastic Arrived at Dalaman and our transfer was waiting fo us.We stopped half way and had a snack. £3.50 for a saucer of chips :evil:
Got to our apartments at 4am only to be told that we could not go in our room until 10am. No problem, we went around to our friends at the Pigedular by the police station and drank them dry of Nescafe :lol:
Went to say hello to our friends who had no idea we were going and it was heaven to see the smiles on their faces.After our hellos we went to the apartments, showered, then slept for a few hours.
A few days after we were eating our breakfast at Mr Chefs when i suddenly jumped up. Hubby thought i had been bitten, but i ran across the road. YES, I had spied Gene and Anne on their daily walk. We said our hellos and chatted about Icmeler which most topics we agreed on, and off they went.
We ate ate the Gunay, (fantastic breakfast) Mr Chef, Buffallo bar,Two Sisters, Blondies, Taj Mayal and the best deal was the Chinese resturant called the Peking!!!!!! eat as much as you like for £7 and i do mean eat as much as you like.
Drank at the Two Sisters, Gunay, Blondies, but mostly drank at night with our turkish friends.
Oh forgot to say we met a new very very very big man in Icmeler who owns the Araman Jewellers and owns part of a Raki company, Yashia Araman, spelt wrong. He took us for a fantastic meal at the Oh Yes Resturante in Marmaris and sat with us in the Taj Mayal.Well i am sure most will know of the sex cake Bacclava? He sent his driver on a 3hr drive to get us some from Izmir!!!! NO it didnt work sorry :lol: :lol:
We heard of the Jeep Safari accident which really shook me u,p and also the other incidents which happened while we were in Imeler. 2 boys went on the Quad safari and one broke his arm and the other boy was also injured. On the Wednesday night there was a fight outside the Blue Rainbow, but, worse of all on the canal there was a fight with Turks and Kurds were someone had his ear chopped completly off, and another girl had her head bashed in!!!! What is happing to Icmeler?
Icmeler is changing so so much, for the worse i am sorry to say.That is my opinion only. I have seen so many changes in the last couple of years and i must say i am unsure if i will return twice a year in the future.
The last day i went for a walk and met up with Gene and Anne. What a fab couple. Also met JimBob from the forum and i dont know what they thought of Icmeler this year, only they can say.
Had a lovely flight back to Birmingham but to be totally honest i was glad to be back home.
Happy hols Jem xxxxxxxxxxx
Jemini

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews