Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers
Topic locked

Fab first holiday in Icmeler

23 Jul 2008 07:47

Got home on Saturday from a brill 2 weeks in Icmeler. Brill weather, lovely people and fab food / drink... what more could I ask for! Have written a review, hopefully I haven't rambled on too much...

Arrived at the Miray at 6am after a long night travelling. Was pleased with the hotel - basic, but in a really good central location. At first impression the pool area looked a bit small, but it never really got that busy so there were always sunbeds and we had the pool to ourselves a lot of the time. There is also a lot of shade around the pool which welcomed in that heat!

The temp was getting hotter as time went on, but we found it lovely at night. We were glad of the air con though! The first week we had 2 days with a short thunder / rain shower in the afternoon which came as a surprise! My boyfriend woke up to the earthquake but I slept straight through!!!

Found the resort really lovely, can't believe how friendly all the bar staff and waiters are. There was plenty of bars for 2 weeks and we didnt get chance to go everywhere. We had thought we might go over to Marmaris a couple of times in the evening but we didn't bother in the end as there was plenty of nightlife in Icmeler. Thought the beachfront and the canal area was really pretty.

Didnt go on any trips, day times were just spent by the pool or at the beach relaxing with a good book. We ate out lunch and dinner everday and I must say we never had a bad meal in the 2 weeks. There are too many restaurants to mention all, but our faves were:

Majestic - had a lovely plank steak and watched a good show

Valentinos / 23 - we were recommended here by Tom in Wonderboys & had the ottoman special which was massive!

Cupids - went here a couple of times as found the staff really friendly

La Grotta - romantic classy place on the front, serves Italian food. Had an excellent guitarist and lady singer performing.

Ozlem cafe - opposite the Miray, went here for a couple of late night kebabs. Run by a really friendly guy with his 2 cute little helpers the young lads. They would wave at us every night when we were having a drink before going out!

For having a drink in at night we found so much variety, from the loud places with entertainment to more quiet chill-out bars. We really liked:

Mitos - excellent for relaxing on the comfy sofas and big cushions!

Romeo & Juliets - they had a family of kittens here! Gerard who works there is a really nice guy and is trying really hard to learn more English.

Wonderboys - lively with good entertainment and friendly staff
Cafe del Mar - peaceful chilled out bar with amazing views

There are so many more but I can't seem to think of them at the moment! Had a fab time anyway and wouldnt hesitate in recommending the resort to anyone. I hope to go back there in the future definitely.

Did have a disappointing end to the holiday with a 2 hour delay on our flight, esp with the price of the food at Dalaman and the lack of comfy seating! But these things do happen and we slept through the flight so got home quite refreshed!

Anyway sorry if I have gone on a bit!
Sarah x
Topic locked