Club Turquoise Marmaris June 08

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Club Turquoise Marmaris June 08

Postby Gunny » 12 Jul 2008 20:58

A copy of my report from Ht for anyone who dont go on there.

S0 my fourth time and Nikkis first
Flew from Glasgow on Monday 9th june(delayed 50 mins)
Massive ques at visa and passport control at Dalaman but got through eventually.

And so to the dreaded 2 hour transfer with the stop in the middle,not appreciated at 2 am in the morning.

And finally to my beloved Club Turquoise :tup
Allocated romm E4,was not a happy bunny
This was the view

Down to see my old pal Irfan the general manager the next morning
Could not have been more accomodating(as usual)straight onto his computer to see what was getting freed up
"You`ll have to wait till Friday but you can have that that or that"all great apartments with good views.
SORTED i can hack the bush for three days
No moaning or anything he was just pleased to move us.
As ever treated like one of the family buy all the staff from beginning to end
Second apartment was the same one i had last year and in my opinion is the best in the place.

So dont need to say much about the weather it was hot and got hotter the second week,due to desert winds being blown across according to Irfan who`d seen the weather warning on the news.38 in the shade most days so god knows what it was in the sun.

Nikki lay out for about 4 days then got prickly heat so spent rest of time in pool or in shade

Prices.Pint of Efes was 4.75 lira in Turquoise but could be found for 3 lira out and about
Exchange rate was 2.31 but i was using a nationwide flex account card so got as much as 2.44 at times.
Food prices much as last year,we ate mainly at Turquoise as the food is spot on and isnt much dearer than outside.
Ate out twice,once to the Taj Mahal,marmaris`s indian.Was really nice,we dont eat starters though and for a korma a tikka massala two beers and a couple of pakoras it was £23
Second time we attempted to eat out we went to John Harrys steak house,the place was half empty ,we ordered,waited 40 minutes then walked out.
Best meal of the holiday was at Turquoise there was a special on T bone steak 16 lira so we had a tbone each and a beer or 2 for about £20 and they were massive

Staff,Erkan and Cumali still the gaffers in the restaraunt and a couple of other waiters from the past
Yilmaz heading up entertainment team again.With Reece(oygar) geegee(got sacked second week)and A strange wee lad called Ozzy whos a turk with a scouser accent.There was a lass called Holly doing the kids club but she left first week we were there to be replaced by an ex entertainer called Compi(great laff)WHO got replaced by Yilmaz`s wife Julie the last 2 days we were there,and Compi become outside entertainer.You got all that?
Same cocktail and pool games as ever and the pool dance being done 3 times a day.Still a laugh though.
Same night time entertainment,Magician,Snake showImageAnd staff comedy show,music quiz etc

Met up with Kim who was the kids club entertainer for 5 years she was repping last year and this year was at Turquoise on holiday with her man Lee,we went down to Cheers/Talk of the town with kim,lee,geegee,reece,holly,murat one night and had a right scream.
Was a bit smashed but i think it was £8 for 3 vodkas and coke in there.

Went parasailing me and nik harnessed together on a parachute getting towed by a speedboat this coast £40 and i can say i`ve done it now but dont think id do it again.

By far the biggest laugh and value we had on the trip was the quad safari got it for £12.50 each and it was great as we were collected at 1pm and returned by 3.30pm had about an hour and a bit on the bikes and it was tremendous fun,reccomend to anyone.
Im not really into the excursions that you get picked up at 8am and returned at 7.30 at night so this suited us just fine.

Had a great laugh watching the Turkey games with all the boys them and us all in our Turkey tops
The whole town just erupted when Turkey won there quarter final
Sadly they never got any further.

Not an awful much more to report as we spent most of our time just chilling.
Wee shock nearing the end of the holiday when Irfan got wipped into hospital with a heart problem,needless to say the kept him 2 days and he was straight back to the hotel as soon as he was released walking about as normal(he loves his hotel,he told me)

Kept the room on for the last day(£12)spent most of it by the pool(till 5pm) after a wee bit of morning shopping.
Up for a shower,down for a meal after doing the customary giving away my cd player toiletries alcohol etc.
Picked up promptly for transfer to airport,to get there and be delayed 2 and a half hours.
Should have landed 3.30am and i would have been on the road from Glasgow to fife by 4.30am as it was i left the airpark at 7am and proceeded to scream and shout at traffic for a while

Great Holiday and Nikki totally loved her first time at Turquoise

Oh and on a walk along the marina we found this hilarious
Gunny
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby Gunny » 12 Jul 2008 21:15

Gunny
New User
New User

Postby JT » 12 Jul 2008 21:25

Excellent review and will move it to the review section