Back from Icmeler last night

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Back from Icmeler last night

Postby tinkerbelle » 08 Jul 2008 13:14

Came back from Icmeler last night and really enjoyed the holiday.
It did seem to be a lot noisier than last year with very loud music but each to his own the are plenty of chilled out bars.
The first week was very quiet but the second week was a lot busier.
Prices seem to be about the same as last year but we still spent lots of money but within our budget. Beer averaged between 3 and 5 lira for a large bottle of Efes and local spirits ranging 6-8 lira. For the two of us the prices for meals were between 60 and 45 lira. Lots of place had offers for set meals were £6 for soup, mezes garlic bread and a steak meal, these restaurants also charged normal prices for beer. The reason these meals were not such a good bargain was because the restaurants priced in pounds with a poor exchange rate so the price was bumped up.
Some of the restaurants we ate at were Kingsland, excellent as always. Ozzies in the Old Village was excellent, he is a lovely man and his restaurant is well worth a visit.
Melissa spoiled by bringing the main meal before we had finished our starter but the food was very good we just could not eat it. Warn them to give you a gap!
Cupids, we were not impressed with, maybe an off night, can’t remember the others.
Went on Jeep Safari with ICR, what a day, Donna is mad and Sharon was great fun. Soaking wet and filthy but we had such a laugh. It was one of the best days out I have ever had for sheer fun. We were luck enough to see the blue fish as well. War was declared between the jeeps but ours was clearly the winner. On our jeep was Donna and Sharon and LFC Pete and his good wife Rene, Geovil and Avril and us, how could we lose.
We also went on one the most beautiful trips the ICR day out. Sharon was a guide and we had a lovely Turkish breakfast , visited the hidden lake and then went Akayaka. It would be difficult to describe the beauty of the hidden lake so I am not going to try, just do the trip and see for yourselves. On this trip were again LFC Pete and Geovil and there clearly better halves. We were also delighted to meet Sanjo and Bill off this forum. It was a real get together and we enjoyed their company. We had a good flight home and we were in row 6 in the other 4 seats were ….guess who LFC Pete and Geovil. We would like to thank the ICR girls, Tracey, Donna and last but not least Sharon for two really good days out that were totally different for us. .
We enjoyed the Havana Bar, Zaza is crazy but a really nice man I will put some photos on the forum when I get my washing done.
Margaret and Mark
tinkerbelle

Advertisement

Postby andrea m » 08 Jul 2008 13:49

Just read Geovil's report and you also sound like you had a great time love reading all about everyone's holidays makes mine seem a little closer.

Look forward to seeing the pictures :D

Andrea
andrea m

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews