My Holiday Review - Honeymoon

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

My Holiday Review - Honeymoon

Postby blondie1410 » 29 Jun 2008 11:27

Hi

Well we have been back a week now and now got the blues!!.

Arrived at Dalaman at 4.30 am on Saturday morning and instead of using the coach transfer we ended up with a private transfer courtesy of Icmelerwonderbabe (my daughter Kay) and her friends here. It was a surprise to my other half but i had been told earlier. Also got 2 bottles of ice cold efes given to us so we were in our element.

Got to the hotel Dilhan at about 6.30 after getting bags and everythig so just dumped bags in hotel room and then went paddling in sea at 7 am it was so peaceful. The hotel is in a great position, just off the main road behind Wonderboys. The accommodation is basic but that is all you need and the pool was fantastic, it had the sun on it from early morning until about 6pm. Ended up in the pool first thing every norning, great way to wake up and then a coffee to follow. We spent most of Saturday meeting friends and saying hello.

Weather was wonderful. Met up with Gene and Anne in Chill bar to say thanks for letting us use one of his pics as our wedding invite also met Sharon and Donna, only had time to have a coffee with Gene and Anne as they had to go and pack but it was good to meet up with both of you.

Have noticed that prices are a little bit higher than last year but its the same in England, so cannot grumble. Had a champagne party in Wonderboys on Saturday with all our friends and family but was absolutely shattered as not had much sleep all week. So spent the day by the pool on Sunday and Monday etc.

The weather was hotting up very nicely and we went to the ICR meet up in Vince’s. What a brilliant night we had, meeting people and putting faces to names. Had a laugh at the antics of Donna when she latched on to Tony, have got to say Tony’s wife was very understanding. Left there and had a cocktail at Champagne Bar and caught up with Yurda and everyone there. We have eaten in Vinces and also Cupids Steak House which is a new one this year and owned by Ferhat who also owns Siesta Apartsments. Cupids is just past the cash machines next to L’Etoile hotel and the garlic steak is to die for and the surroundings are wonderful. Ferhat only opened this year so its good to see it quite busy. Martin had a gorgeous Adana Kebab at Vince’s with just enough chili’s in it.

On Monday we went to order the custom made wedding rings from Levent but now changed name to Platin. Lovely guy and no hassle with fair prices. Had to pick them up on Thursday which is brilliant considering in England it takes about 10 days to order the correct size of ring.

Also been buying bags and shoes from Wonderbags, owned by a brother of Leo's at Wonderboys, must say very good quality and prices and if you ask Leo for a discount card can get 15% discount, and they will also take you there!! We also organized our tattoos with a wonderful girl for the Friday we leave. We also went to a BBQ that was organised by Kay and our friends in Armutalan and it was great. We went swimming, then sat on the balcony above Marmaris and watched the sun setting and all the lights going on, it was so peaceful and magical, also being surrounded by friends was wonderful.

Tuesday night we went out with some friends and ended up at the Majestic, did not think much to the place and when the ladies toilets flooded it was hilarious, the ladies were pushing the fellas out of the way to use their toilets. Any way had a hang over the next day so just chilled out by the pool and had a lazy day and night.

We picked up our new wedding rings on the Thursday night and went to Cupids to celebrate our 1 week anniversary. Martin had arranged with Ferhat for a special table with flowers and champagne. It was wonderful, then we wandered around Icmeler enjoying the sights and sounds from the bars and restaurants.

We spent all the holiday relaxing either by the pool or in bars with our friends. Decided not to do any trips this year, just wanted to be free to do whatever we wanted as this was the first time we had been away on our own instead of having the kids (sorry young adults, before kay tells me off lol!) with us.

Met up with kay a few times. We did not try a lot of different restaurants, instead stayed loyal to our favourites, Cupid's Steak house, Vince's and Sweet Brothers, which is up past the Sportsd Bar. Martin had a wonderful Chicken Curry here made specially without peppers and mushrooms. Aziz the chef is brilliant. Spent time here with our friend Ali, who i have known since he worked at a place on the harbour in Marmaris in 2005.

On the Wednesday before we left went to see our friends in Armutalan and the temp on the bus at 7pm was 38 degrees, it was soooo hot. Coming back at 10 pm it was still 32. We decided not to got to a restaurant to eat this night so decided Kebabs were to be had so decided to sit and eat at the kebab place next to Pleasure disco. I have to admit that this was a great meal, i had chicken kebab, chips salad and rice with 2 wraps on a plate all for 9 YTL. Thoroughly enjoyed the meal. Ended up in Elvis Bar and Wonderboys.

Oh nearly forgot the mishaps. During the last week on the Tuesday, Martin lost his gold and diamond earring somewhere between the Irish Bar and Wonderboys, then on the Wednesday we were in our usual bar using the internet and enjoying an Efes or two, when we decided to go back to the hotel. So packed all our gear away went round the corner and then discovered his mobile was missing. Went up to the room to find it but it was not there so rang it from my phone and to see if we could hear the ringtone. Then we rushed back to the bar thinking it was there but it had been lifted. All attempts to ring the mobile from then on were pointless as whoever had pinched it had turned it off. This was his new phone that he had only had for a month, what a bummer. So had to get the sim blocked and also the phone blocked. At least whoever pinched it cannot use it so they have a useless top of the range phone.

The thursday was spent going round picking up last minute bargains and taking photos of places and people. We had met up with a young couple in our hotel so went out with them on the Thursday night to Elvis Bar. Martin was in a 'I'm gonna have a ball mood' tonight and he joined in with all the cheesy dance moves from Superman, I am the Music Man right through to the Cha Cha Slide. It was so funny he also stood there singing Angels by Robbie Williams and was in his element. We then called in at Wonderboys on our way to having a chicken wrap at 3.30 am just to finish the night.

All too soon the holiday was coming to an end. Friday our last day was so sad,
we didn't want to leave. Spent the morning in the pool then the afternoon in the tattoo place. I had one of my tattoos redone and added writing another one. Martin finally got the cover up of his ex-wifes tattoo done for me. Then back to the hotel to pack and get ready for the match. Saw the first half in Wonderboys and then had to take Kay to Tansas as she was working and being picked up at 10.45pm. Watched the second half in Elvis Bar. We were sat at the bar when we saw a ******* coach going past down the street and jokingly i said "i bet they are going to our hotel to pick us up". Bear in mind we had booked a private transfer back and had informed the rep 4 times throughout the holiday of this, when Reg from the hotel ran up to us at the bar and told us we had to go!!!! Martin had to go and sort it out with them so not happy with the Rep for causing hassle for everyone on the coach. Well back to the match, it was so nail biting that all the music was turned down so that we could hear the commentary. When Turkey won, the place erupted. It was a sight not to be missed as the whole of Icmeler went wild with dancing in the streets, fireworks and cars and the dolmus trying to get through the streets beeping horns and having flags waved from them. I can say that it was a perfect end to a wonderful holiday. Must admit we were worried that the transfer driver would not be able to get through the streets, not worried really wanted to stay a bit longer, but at 1.45 am he turned up and we had to say goodbye. It was so sad, everytime we leave, we leave more of ourselves there but this time was so much more difficult as i was leaving Kay there for the whole season. True to form when we finally got on the plane i sat there crying silently as we left paradise behind. While at the airport, once we had got through check-in and passport control Martin found out that he didn't have his wallet on him. It turns out he had left it in the hotel, what a plonker!!! That was the third thing he lost and they say things come in three's.

Bumped into Sharon a few times in Vince’s and around the town and also Donna, it was good to see you both.

Anyway now we back to reality and working as hard as ever, oh well hoping to return in Sept/Oct if funds permit but looking at the price of flights it might not happen.

Sorry its longwinded but there is always so much to say.
blondie1410

Advertisement

Postby tania » 29 Jun 2008 11:55

Great review, glad you had a fantastic time despite the mishaps!
Tania
tania

Postby blondie1410 » 29 Jun 2008 11:58

Thanks Tania

Forgot to comment on the new promenade, its lovely and at night when it is lit up it looks wonderful and so much more romantic to walk along.

Also Oz, the barman at the Dilhan is a great guy, he has a book full of jokes that people have told him over the years and he learns them all, he had us in stitches each night when we stopped to get a drink before going upstairs.

Will visit this hotel again for definate.
blondie1410

Postby WOMBLE » 29 Jun 2008 12:38

YASA
FANTASTIC READ
So pleased it was an enjoyable time for you both

Great to be without the kids Can do what you want HaHa
Nah we missed ours
Have you loads of pics???

JOHN
WOMBLE

Postby blondie1410 » 29 Jun 2008 12:43

John

We got about 500 pics of the wedding and honeymoon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to name them and then need to sort out how to post them so will take some time.

But no we did not miss the kids, then again one of mine, Kay aka Icmelerwonderbabe, is living out there for the season so did meet up with her a few times. Am missing her now we back home, the house is very quiet without her. LOL
blondie1410

Postby WOMBLE » 29 Jun 2008 12:56

Wow DAVID BAILEY II
Dont envy you there all those pics

Where is Kate working???

CONGRATS SORRY
:oops: :oops:
CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS
:wink: :wink: :wink:
JOHN
WOMBLE

Advertisement