It's all just memories now.

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

It's all just memories now.

Postby hillbilly » 25 Jun 2008 16:05

Hello everybody. Just back from two great weeks at the Iguana appts. Thanks to all at ICR for such a friendly welcome and help while we were there.
We were determined to do the coastal walk after reading so many reviews, and finished up doing it three times. It was really lovely with the tree blossom and flowers along the way. We were pleasantly surprised at how flat the walk is. You can find shade most of the way but it gets a bit sparse as you near Marmaris, in fact the part near the dolphin pen has no shade for about a quarter of a mile. We took a couple of bottles of frozen water which lasted surprisingly well. A couple of cold beers and then the water taxi back, great way to spend a morning. One word of warning though, Stella forgot the lemon spray on the second walk and the mossies had a field day. The bites got very nasty so we went to the pharmacy. 36 YTL later the concoction of tablet and creams did the job very quickly. If you get a nasty bite, don't stint see the experts. Itching and swelling went within the hour.

The Dalyan trip is a must do. Lovely cruise with a stop off in a quiet bay to dive into the sea before transfering to water taxis for the trip up the Dalyan river, which I was surprised to find out was one of the filming locations for THE AFRICAN QUEEN.

We tried as many restaraunts as possible, but there's so many. Didn't have a bad meal anywhere but our favourites were the Waterfall and the Pop In. We noticed an increase in prices from last year but it's coming from a a low base so eating out is still good value. By the way talking about price increases even the Dolmus went up last Thursday. It's now 2YTL Outrageous :lol:

It's been mentioned in previous posts that the supermarket under the ICR offices gives you a decent exchange rate and thats true but when I got back I found that my Natiowide debit card had given me a slightly better rate with no charges. On a downside I used my credit card in Migros once and on the same day my statement showed eleven fraudulent transactions, all for mobile phone top ups.

I could go on and on about this wonderful holiday but I think I'm boring you now so it's time to sign off.

Oops, one last thing, can anyone tell me how to post photos from Picasa to the photo thread (just so I can bore you a bit more)

Vince
hillbilly

Advertisement

Postby reesy1959 » 25 Jun 2008 23:06

Sounds like you had a fabulous time, just a shame about the fraudulent transactions from Migros, thats awful.

If you go to the technical page, there is a thread on how to post a picture. Looking forward to seeing them.

Thanks for the review.
reesy1959

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews