Review

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Review

Postby elkie » 24 Jun 2008 15:29

Hi everyone
Just got back from another lovely holiday in Icmeler. Stayed at Rhodes apartments in old village for second time. Tango and family still so helpful and Inter as mad as ever. Place is kept spotless and the apartments have lovely surroundings, great views of the mountains.
Had some lovely meals in various restaurants - Love Boat (twice cos it's our favourite), Venice, Dreamboys, Chef. On our first visit to Love Boat (they had a violinist and pianist playing), a guy proposed to his girlfriend, gave her roses, she said yes, champagne came over and then they danced together, aww. Then they got up and went off on their scooter, complete with roses in a vase!!
Went on a couple of boat trips, both great days out, only 16 people the second time so much more relaxing. Swam in the sea, no sharks!
Didn't do the Icmeler/Marmaris walk, will try that in September. The temperature was slowly creeping up and air con was a godsend.
Thought the new prom was nice, both in the daytime and all lit up at night.
Just one disappointment and a word of warning to anyone going soon. I posted some photos a while ago of a visit we made to Cinar restaurant. A few of our members said how relaxing a place it looked and they would put it on their 'to do' list. Please DON'T! We went last week and it was awful - they have a fish tank and it was full of dead fish, right near where we were eating. The toilets were filthy and the place was just disgusting. A total waste of time, never again.
Our friends came with us to Icmeler for the first time and they loved it, already talking about going back.
Transfers again were good, pick-up driver from Dalaman very careful, felt safe. Pick-up driver to Dalaman very fast but competent.
So once again a big thanks to John, Sharon and everyone at ICR.
A big thank-you to Tracy and her turkish friend for helping me with my bigodi, managed to get them first place I tried.
Roll on September!
elkie

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews