Jems review.

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Jems review.

Postby Jemini » 17 Jun 2008 18:25

:cry: Well back home so here is my review.
No delay at Manchesterand had a lovely flight. Transfer waiting when we got to Dalaman but wished he went a little quicker, sure he was only doing 30mph :x Once we saw the Bay of Icmeler we knew we were home and everyones face lit up with smiles.A lovely welcome et the apartments, and for the 1st week we were the only 7 people there so, it was like our own private pool. Fantastic!!!!
Every morning i would set my clock for 7-30, shower, then sit on my own with a coffee which Ahmet knew how to make to a T and dream about living there one day.
When the rest eventually woke we went to the Gunay for a full English Breakfast which i must say is the best i have ever had in 6 visits to Icmeler.Ate most nights at the regular places, too many to mention but we have all used them im sure. I do believe in honesty and i will never eat at the Three Bells (4) again. We all ordered a hot beef and onion baquette and my daughters had a very large ,what looked like a big lump of raw liver on one side,never again sorry.
I thought the new prom looked very nice in the day and evening. Good work to all.
We go back in September so i asked Ahmet to ask (Big Boss man who we called him) how much the rooms would be for that month? Of course i couldnt understand a word they were saying and at one point thought they were having a row!! Ahmet turned to me and said. Big Boss man likes you and your family very very much and you must all meet in reception at 10am, he wants to take you all for breakfast.
Down we went the following morning and there he was with 2 cars which hubby dreams about and off we went. The place he took us to was out of this world.There were ducks, chickens, rabbits all wondering around and little streams in the woods with chalets and tables everywhere. Apparently most men go there for their Stag night and it isnt far from Cleopatras Beach.It was beautiful.No idea how much it cost for 7 of us, Big Boss, his wife and son but he paid on a credit card. We could not thank him enough.Oh yes, we got the rooms VERY cheap and cant wait to see them all again.
I did pop in to Vinces on the Sunday but sadly i didnt stay. I had recieved some bad news from home to say that my Dad will need to go into hospital for major open heart surgery which of course upset me so much. I only thought it right to pop in and explain, so, me and my little grandaughter walked in and spoke to, Donna, John, Rami, and Sharon and they understood.Donna said she would tell those who were there. Thank you.
Hubby got me a BIG BIG suprise.I had saved £400 in my sweet jar back home before we went, and one night outside our jewellers who we always use, he told me to take my engament ring off.Off it came like lightning because i thought he had got me a new design and i am sure my chin hit the deck.He had had a ring made just like my original one but with a 1.04 caret diamond in it!!! It must have cost a bomb but Dino our jeweller said it would cost around £4,000+in England.
The night before last our Turkish family took us for a meal, for got what it was called but it is by the Police Station and further up is Eastenders. It does have the ICR flag there :D We had Chicken and Mushrooms and my mouth is still watering, they keep bring starters so please dont eat too much before your meal because thats big enough.
I think one of the highest notes must be, yes being back in Icmeler, but while eating our meal there was a very very rich man sitting with us who we have known for a while. He has offered to buy my Son and his Finaccee an apartment in Icmeler + run a very very well known jewellers, £450 per week and they declined because of family commitments. The offer still stands and he must let him know in September. I mat do it myself.
Well, the weather in Icmeler gets hotter every day and now its your turn to go. Happy hols. Jem xxxxxxxx
Jemini

Advertisement

Postby reesy1959 » 17 Jun 2008 18:38

Marvellous review, and sorry once again to hear about your Dad, but I hope all goes well.

Your breakfast place sounds like the same place we were taken to last year for dinner, by the Owner of a Hotel in Marmaris, it was beautiful.

Your ring sounds magnificent, you are one lucky girl.
reesy1959

Postby WOMBLE » 17 Jun 2008 19:09

Excellent read so pleased that it was an enjoyable holiday
our wishes to you and your familyhoping Dads op goes well

could you PM me with Jeweller details
thankyou

JOHN
WOMBLE

Postby swc24 » 17 Jun 2008 20:48

Hi

The most important thing now is to look after your dad Icmeler will wait for you and am sure once your dad is out of hospital he will be returning to Icmeler as soon as he can

Take care

Steve
swc24

Postby cheriton » 17 Jun 2008 20:58

Sounds like you had a great time Jemini, and a brill review, what appartments did you stay at?..... P.S. I wish some one would offer me a job out there
cheriton

jeweller

Postby maryb » 17 Jun 2008 21:33

hi jem, it sounds avery reliable jeweller could you also let me have his name thanks
maryb

Advertisement

Postby Fanny » 17 Jun 2008 22:06

cheers for the review Jem and all the best to your Dad - try not to worry
Fanny

Postby ochlynda » 18 Jun 2008 01:08

Fab review Sorry to hear about your dad. Wishing both him and your family well.

Lynda
ochlynda

Jem's Review

Postby janetbytheloch » 18 Jun 2008 08:17

Hi Jem, your holiday sounds really fantastic we are off next Thursday and cant wait. Would love to see the place you went to for breakfast it sounds beautiful. Hope your dad is well really soon

Janet
janetbytheloch

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews