Review#Captain Silver 04th -16th June

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Postby nashy64uk » 16 Jun 2008 20:19

First off must apologise for not attending Vinces,was informed that afternoon that my Nan had passed away,just did'nt feel like partying or even being on holiday given the circumstances.

Otherwise left Manchester with a 1hr delay,arrived Dalaman straight thru and into resort for approx 6am.Visited local market for pop and water then bed till approx dinnertime.
The capt silver poolbar guy made us welcome his name was Amir or Elvis for short,told us he used to work at ICR and Chill bar.
Spent the majority of days between pool and beach,a little cloudy the first few days but still very warm,apts very quiet the first week think only 2 or 3 rooms taken.
Ate in Majestic/Havana/TinTin bar/Venice all top meals although resort very quiet and not many people about.Shame really as alot of restaurants bars were empty night after night.
Went to Wonderboys only once they attempted to stiff me with extra drinks on a bill,so never ventured there again,their loss.
Majority of our nights ended in Korsan,good shows and plenty of room for a bop once the vodkas had started to kick in.
Short but sweet as usual enjoyed it but at times felt down due nans death.

And finally Dalaman Thomas Cook checkin,was only allowed 20kgs each case,our 3 totalled 66kg.They then wanted £6 per kg over,the guy infront was 10kg over and had to pay.
I refused to pay and argued that as my wife only had a handbag,and we had no handluggage this should be taken into account.The lady agreed and told me to remove 6kgs from 1 of the cases.I got the key and started to open the lock she ushered us away and said forget it.

In future i'm going to have to take our full handluggage allowance and suggest others do.

Will upp some pics in the next few days.
nashy64uk

Advertisement

Postby Fanny » 16 Jun 2008 20:26

thanks for the review Nashy especially at such a difficult time for you - hearfelt sympatthies to you and yours

thanks also for the tip re weight allowance

hope you managed to enjoy your hol as best you could
Fanny

Postby cheriton » 16 Jun 2008 21:13

Hello nashy64uk....first of all sorry to hear your bad news, an awfull thing to happen when your away from home, but i hope you still got some enjoyment from your holiday. We're staying at Captin Silver in August,and would like to know how you found the apartments. Fully understand if we don't hear from you.
cheriton
cheriton

Postby reesy1959 » 16 Jun 2008 21:16

Hi, so sorry to hear about your bad news whilst on holiday. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Mary & Phill.
reesy1959

Postby Colette » 17 Jun 2008 08:38

Sorry to hear about your nan, glad you made it through your holiday, and thanks for the review :D
Colette

Postby Pauline » 17 Jun 2008 08:45

Sorry to hear about your nan it happened to me 3 yrs ago my cousin died in a motorbike accident ...you feel so helpless being away.

Take care
Pauline
Pauline

Advertisement

Postby nashy64uk » 17 Jun 2008 20:44

cheriton wrote:Hello nashy64uk....first of all sorry to hear your bad news, an awfull thing to happen when your away from home, but i hope you still got some enjoyment from your holiday. We're staying at Captin Silver in August,and would like to know how you found the apartments. Fully understand if we don't hear from you.
cheriton

Very clean,good pool area,plenty of sunbeds,great garden area,plenty of tortoises roaming around,quiet nights sleep,5 mins from all the action.
nashy64uk

Postby cheriton » 17 Jun 2008 20:46

Thanks nashy64uk........Glad you enjoyed it.
cheriton

Postby jivebunnie0 » 17 Jun 2008 20:57

Condolences to your family. Thanks for taking the trouble to write a review under the circumstances.
jivebunnie0

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews