just back

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

just back

Postby ivano » 16 Jun 2008 18:57

got back yesterday after a week in our home from home and missing it already. we notice a few shops have closed down and a lot of the bars and restaurants were very quite,talking to a few people locals seem to be blaming increase of all inclusives saying a lot of people arent using the restaurants because of this,hope it improves for them rest of season wouldnt want them closing down.
ivano

Advertisement

Postby Beau » 16 Jun 2008 20:03

Get rid of the Ruskies and the other that go A/I and it'll pick up - plus it'll be better for us - flammin ignorant Russians :twisted:

:lol:
Beau

Postby Rosie* » 16 Jun 2008 20:05

Why would you want to go a/i when its so cheap anyway and whenever we have been somewhere and its a/i its always the same food, never realy nice and always get an upset tummy!
Rosie*

Postby Fanny » 16 Jun 2008 20:18

hmm, if folk are on a budget it's maybe the only way they can get there
shame to hear it's quiet, but price increases don't help us

which shops have closed Ivano - any we may know of?
Fanny

just back

Postby jivebunnie0 » 16 Jun 2008 20:33

One of our friends told us that the Russians can get a cheapie holiday, so that's why they go for the all inclusive, but once they are there, they don't spend a bean! The all inclusive is really not doing the bars and restaurants any favours. One of the bars we use, is attached and owned by the hotel next door, who are one that does all inclusive.... cutting nose off and face comes to mind, but its the guys that suffer, as they work on commission only. :shock:
jivebunnie0

Postby Rosie* » 16 Jun 2008 20:38

I think its like that nearly everywhere now where alot of the hotels are going a/i. we have been to corfu a few times and the hotel that we always stayed in went a/i and the bars and that were suffering from it badly!
Rosie*

Advertisement

Postby skilly » 16 Jun 2008 20:38

My sister went all inclusive last year and she couldn't eat the food. She ate out every night.
I won't mention the hotel but I can say it didn't belong to ICR.

I personally don't fancy AI, seems quite boring, in the same place a lot of the time just to get your moneys worth.

We met a couple in a bar last year and even though they were having a good time they kept looking at their watches in order to get back to the hotel before the free bar closed.
skilly

Postby jules » 16 Jun 2008 20:43

we are going all inclusive this year, only because if worked out cheaper than getting an appartment and flight like we normally do. Staying at Marmaris Park, sorry not an ICR one. But really couldn't fault the price and our son goes free. Because it was a good price, we won't lose too much by eating out as well if we want.
jules

Postby ivano » 16 Jun 2008 21:23

hi yeah dont know names but the was about 4 closed opposite titanic restaurant and a few in the old village
ivano

Postby easthulltiger » 18 Jun 2008 20:38

Just got back, paid £240 for a weeks AI.
A week in an apartment was £230 so you can see where Im coming from

I ate at the hotel twice as the food was quite honestly rubbish, I did however drink lotts of coffee it the morning and had the odd beer.

It wasnt as cheap as I had been told but I did have a great T bone in the Champagne bar which was about 24YTL
easthulltiger
New User
New User

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews