Just got back!!

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Just got back!!

Postby Clairey » 14 Jun 2008 12:39

Well we got home 4am this morning from fortnight in Icmeler. What a lovely place, it gets better every time I go. It was 45 degrees C yesterday at 11am in the sunshine and 38 in the shade, and is just getting hotter. We had booked in Grand Aquarium apartments but they were too far away from our family and friends in the centre, so we paid to stay in the Avlu 4 apartments for the last 10 days. Lovely spacious place with a friendly owner. Icmeler was busy but not jam packed so as you would notice it. Everyone is as friendly as ever with not too much hassle.

i will attempt to put some pics up later on.
Clairey
New User
New User

Advertisement

Just got back!!

Postby jivebunnie0 » 14 Jun 2008 21:04

Wow 45 degrees..... I could do with some of that now, I'm frozen and had to have the fire on tonight. :cry:
jivebunnie0

Postby WOMBLE » 15 Jun 2008 11:19

113 degrees Fahrenheit 8)
Thats well hot :roll:
dont know if I could cope with that :wink: :wink:

Yep that will do nicely :wink: :wink:

JOHN
WOMBLE

Postby ochlynda » 15 Jun 2008 11:36

glad you had a great holiday and boy is that hot.

Lynda
ochlynda

Postby cupcakelove » 15 Jun 2008 18:34

Hi, Just wondered - did you go with a tour operator eg Thomas Cook etc. that allowed you to move to another accommodation at extra cost or did you pay full amount yourself for the 10 days? We're booked at s/c accom a bit further out than i would have liked(Life Apartments Turunc Road) and would like to know If I could afford to upgrade ~if I felt I needed to. Thanx.
cupcakelove
New User
New User

Postby tonytigwall » 15 Jun 2008 18:36

Cupcake
Try ICR they are always very helpful
I tell you what JT the way im goin ill be a moderator yet :wink:
tonytigwall

Advertisement

Postby Fanny » 15 Jun 2008 18:37

WOMBLE wrote:113 degrees Fahrenheit 8)
Thats well hot :roll:
dont know if I could cope with that :wink: :wink:

Yep that will do nicely :wink: :wink:

JOHN

you'd best brace yourself for July then John :wink: 8)
will be even hotter then!
would hate to think you'd have to spend the day in Havanna - just to be in the shade of course!?!
Fanny

Postby WOMBLE » 15 Jun 2008 19:09

Super idea Fanny :lol:
thats my gal
teaching me bad habits hehe :wink:

JOHN
WOMBLE

Postby Fanny » 15 Jun 2008 19:13

bad habits John? am sure you broke all the rules and wrote the book!

nah, just looking after you mate!!
Fanny

fao Cupcakelover

Postby Clairey » 18 Jun 2008 07:27

Hi. Yes we booked through ********. But all our friends and family were in the centre of Icmeler and it was too much hassle texting them all the time to see where they were etc (and 50p per text!) and getting dolmus up and down and having to leave early for the last one, so we just used the travel agents in the square and they got us the Avlu 4 for £21 per night self catering. They took us around the places they did and I looked at a few different apartments before picking the one I wanted. They brought us and our luggage down too for nothing. When we told the ***** rep where we were going she moaned and said if we'd mentioned to her that we wanted to be closer she may have been able to do something to help out and save some money, but she also said she couldnt have guaranteed that anyway. So although we spent £210 extra for the 10 days, it was so worth it, we were next to everyone, had a lovely spacious apartment and the best holiday! Some hotels were charging only £6pppn b&b (but breakfasts weren't up to much - but for that price who cares?!) Enjoy your hols :)
Clairey
New User
New User

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews