Just got back- Review

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Just got back- Review

Postby sunflower » 13 Jun 2008 21:05

Hello all,

Just got back today, went out on the 2nd June and flew out with Thompsons and back with Firstchoice both flights were good and arrived on time/ back on time. Stayed at the Marti (there is work going on but i didn't see much of it, the indoor pool is closed this is the only thing that is really affected and some drilling but nothing to worry about at all.) Had a brilliant holiday and sad to be back! The temperature was around 36-38 degrees every day, the first few days were cloudy but beautiful sunshine then after. The night temp was around 27-30 degrees at night and didn't need to wear a cardie once was lovely. Went on the Lazy day boat trip cost £8 per person and also did the Cleopatra trip was around £16 per person, but you can't walk on the sandy beach and they've stopped the walk around the isalnd (looking at ruins etc) so not sure it was worth it, preferred the Lazy day trip- a word of warning, the lunch on these boats made by boyfriend sick for a night and day so keep away (i had the same thing but was okay pasta & salad.)

We mainly stayed around the canal and in Icmeler, every year we say we're going for a night out in Marmaris and never quite make it! Best place by far was Dreamboys!

Here is a rough guide of prices:

Efes bottle 3.50
Efes Draft 3.00
Breakfast £2
Water 1.5 litres 1.50
Coke 3.00

Exchange Rate best we found was 2.37 in the small market shop by the canal.

x
sunflower

Advertisement

Postby Fanny » 13 Jun 2008 21:15

thanks for the review Sunflower
sorry to hear about your bf though - are you sure it was the food if you were ok after eating it??
shame about the Cleopatra trip too - wonder if that's something to do with the restrictions they've put in place for the [not dangerous to human] sharks??
we fancied that trip but wondered whether it was worth it given that it's twice the price of the other ones
who did you book your boat trips with?
Fanny

Postby Rosie* » 13 Jun 2008 21:17

what is that lazy boat trip?
Rosie*

Postby Fanny » 13 Jun 2008 21:19

Rosie
we've done one before and I think it's where they just have lots of swim stops - similar to the 5 bays noe but it goes to different places ...... I think
Fanny

Postby Rosie* » 13 Jun 2008 21:24

oh ok thanks, just wanted to do a trip in sept because my mate likes doing stuff like that, but i realy dont, because i cant swim so theres not much to do and they chuck you off they boart and stuff dont they! haha
Rosie*

Postby Fanny » 13 Jun 2008 21:27

nah
don't worry Rosie, I can only just about swim - as long as no one says how deep is it or "fish" ha ha
they don't chuck you in and if you do what I do and take a couple of those sausage things you'll be fine
it's a great way to catch the rays with a nice cool breeze - you can't sink in the sea either
try it, you'll have a ball

why not call into ICR offices when you're there and they can give you the low down
Last edited by Fanny on 13 Jun 2008 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
Fanny

Advertisement

Postby Rosie* » 13 Jun 2008 21:34

Yeah but i get in a real panic when it comes to the sea. but ill find some more info on it when we get there and see what we can do. im sure theres something for me to do, even though im happy enough to sit by the pool alday long! :)
Rosie*

Postby Fanny » 13 Jun 2008 21:36

aw go for it Rosie
the boat trips are a great laugh - great way to meet folk too!
Fanny

Postby Jozzyd » 14 Jun 2008 08:27

Rosie i agree with Fanny, i can't swim but love the boat trips. I just take a noodle with me (it's the first thing we buy because i won't go in the pool without it!) and climb down the steps very carefully. It's a brilliant day out you would love it :D
Jozzyd

Postby Diane Rigby » 14 Jun 2008 08:47

Rosie, I am not a very good swimmer either and usually take a good book while the hubby and sons swim but they do life jackets on the boat and last year there were several people with them on so I had a go (the first year in 5 years I have ventured in the sea on the lazy boat trip) an i did enjoy it. Take the plunge so to speak you will have a great day. They also usually stop off for an hour or so, so its not all on the boat. We stopped of at Turuc and had a loverly wonder around the shops. Di. :)
Diane Rigby

Postby WOMBLE » 14 Jun 2008 09:05

Sunflower
So glad you enjoyed your hols
Review was a very nice read Thank you

JOHN
WOMBLE

Advertisement

Postby danzilton » 14 Jun 2008 09:36

Efes bottle 3.50
Efes Draft 3.00
Breakfast £2
Water 1.5 litres 1.50
Coke 3.00

Hi Sunflower

glad to here you enjoyed your holiday, this will be the first time we have been to Icmeler and with reading all the reviews we are looking forward to our holiday.

could you please tell me if all the guide prices are in pounds.
danzilton

Just got back- Review

Postby jivebunnie0 » 14 Jun 2008 10:54

Hi sunflower glad you had a great time.....like some of the others said, take a sausage on the boat trips....its great fun. I can swim, but don't like to be out of my depth, especially in the sea, so I don't swim away from the boat very far :roll: Great review :wink:
jivebunnie0

Postby skilly » 14 Jun 2008 13:03

Rosie, We go on boat trips every year & I can swim a little.
I also panic if I can't touch the bottom with my feet, it doesn't matter that they have life jackets, i still am terrified and won't go in .
My husband jumps off the top deck and loves it.
I enjoy sunbathing & watching people in the sea, no one has ever threw me in as I think people can tell if you don't like water & it would be cruel for someone to be thrown in.
I like to go in the sea when we land and spend some time on a beach.
skilly

Postby tonytigwall » 14 Jun 2008 13:23

Hi sunflower i doubt it was salad on boat trip thats my fave part of holiday eating their salads are beaut.
tonytigwall

Postby adewolves » 14 Jun 2008 15:27

Efes bottle 3.50
Efes Draft 3.00
Breakfast £2
Water 1.5 litres 1.50
Coke 3.00

I would assume (or else I'd seriously crap myself) that these prices are in lira, minus the breakfast.
adewolves

Advertisement

Postby Rosie* » 14 Jun 2008 17:48

oooo thank you all for your replys :) im glad im not the onli one that cant swim! haha!! but i dont think im brave enough to get in with a life jacket on either, so i think il just sun bave on the boat :)
Rosie*

Postby dimrie » 14 Jun 2008 17:54

My hushand (Norman) can't swim but will just jump off the boat anyway :o he always manages to get back to boat.

Diane :D
dimrie

Postby Rosie* » 14 Jun 2008 18:03

i relly dont think im brave enough though, i dont even get in the pool if its to deep!!
Rosie*

Postby Fanny » 14 Jun 2008 19:03

aw go on Rosie get yourself a sausage/noodle and have a ball
once you've done it you won't look back :wink:
Fanny

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Holiday Reviews