Been back a few days, here's a short report

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Been back a few days, here's a short report

Postby mazz » 01 Jun 2008 14:01

Well I've almost been back a week now so thought it was about time I put up a little report, hope I don't bore you all to death!

Flight from Bristol to Dalaman with Thomas Cook was very good (except for getting charged £6 for being 1.5kg over 15kg!). Landed a few minutes early and had a very smooth, quick passage through Dalaman airport. Bought ciggies in the shop before leaving the airport (cheaper than the UK duty free prices), found our driver and arrived in Icmeler 1.5 hours later!

Got to the Lighthouse Apartments at 12.15am, dumped our cases in the apartment and went back down for a couple of Efes - the first ones are always the best! Got to bed at 3.30am, which kind of set the scene for the week(!)

The weather was perfect - well up in the 30s each day, only saw 2 hours of cloud the whole week and I didn't find it too chilly by night which was good.

We spent our first day and last day by the pool at the Lighthouse and the rest of the time down on the beach (Yakamoz beach) as it was a little cooler - sea was still cold though! Same beach guys there keeping the beach spotlessly clean.
I must just say I wasn't too sure about the new look beach path with the temples and columns shown in pictures people had posted before I went, but having seen it in the "flesh" it's really nice and actually quite stylish - I like it! Even the rather fake-looking rock they put in last summer looks better as all the plants have grown.

We ate some superb meals at our usual haunts: the Lighthouse, Olive Tree (Bonjour), Chef and had a fantastic steak at the Set; I can also thoroughly recommend the Angel Inn for a full English brekkie.

We spent quite a lot of time drinking in the Magic Garden (a favourite place - and it seemed busier there so word has got out!) and we spent a fair bit of time in the Sultan jewellers, selling and buying (!!)

All in all, it was a very lazy week with perfect weather - which is just what we wanted. We enjoyed EVERY single moment..... I laughed so much I pulled muscles!

I love my first visit out there in May as it's nice to see what's changed, who's there, who's not there and everyone's fresh-faced as it's the beginning of the season.

We left Icmeler at 7pm on Monday evening, loads of people came to wave us off which was lovely, and we tooted all the way out onto the Mamaris road (as the driver said... Just in case you forget to say goodbye to some people....bless, what a lovely guy he was). Very quick checking in at Dalaman as we'd got there before the coaches, flight home was on time but very bumpy and the weather at Bristol when we landed at 1.30am was indescribable - never seen rain like it (we got soaked)!

Just one more thing thing to add... to any ladies who are not used to drinking beer and find the normal Efes too gassy try the Efes Light which is served in most bars/restaurants - it's delicious!

Only 14 weeks until my next slice of heaven.... :lol: And the next visit is for a fortnight... hope the time flies between now and then!

Will try and put some pix up later.

Mazz
:D
mazz

Advertisement

Postby tonytigwall » 01 Jun 2008 14:06

sounds great Mazz,only 4 more sleeps for us can't wait. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caroline xxxx
tonytigwall

Postby Fanny » 01 Jun 2008 14:12

Glad you had a good time Mazz and thanks for the update
Fanny

lighthouse

Postby dodge » 01 Jun 2008 14:44

Hi mazz

Glad you had a great time, just wanted to ask you what did you think of the lighthouse apartments? we are staying there in august. Was the hairdryer any good? Any other info greatly appreciated

Cheers Dodge :)
dodge

Postby salford_steve » 01 Jun 2008 15:02

Glad you had a nice time.

All these reviews are really getting me in the mood, only 11 sleeps to go.

Steve
salford_steve

Postby mazz » 01 Jun 2008 15:16

Hi Dodge

Ligthhouse apartments are lovely, will PM you as I don't think ICR are dealing with the Lighthouse this year.

Steve - luck you with only 11 sleeps, wish I was returning sooner!

Mazz
mazz

Advertisement

Postby kazz59 » 01 Jun 2008 15:32

Great review Mazz, glad you had a good time. Must say, the Efes Light seems appealing, as I do find the normal stuff a bit too gassy, will give that a try.

Karen
kazz59

Postby dotty » 01 Jun 2008 15:40

Glad you had a good time Mazz. Must try the Efes Light cos I have problem with the ordinary stuff in that I can only drink about 2 then feel bagged up. Not long for us 8 June.
dotty

Postby red wine » 01 Jun 2008 15:53

Agreat review Mazz :D
nice to hear what is going on in the square
and good to hear the Set is still good love their jacket potatoes :lol:
red wine

Postby WOMBLE » 01 Jun 2008 16:20

Wicked post Mazz
Fantastic read glad to see the lady Icsh coming to life
Tony when you get there it will rock mate
well done Mazz 50 odd sleeps for us OUCH

JOHN
WOMBLE

Postby salford_steve » 01 Jun 2008 16:20

Hi Dodge

Ligthhouse apartments are lovely, will PM you as I don't think ICR are dealing with the Lighthouse this year.

Steve - luck you with only 11 sleeps, wish I was returning sooner!

Mazz

I know ony 11 sleeps, but seems to be slow coming round.

Steve
salford_steve

Advertisement

Postby andrea m » 01 Jun 2008 17:24

Lovely review Mazz, seems like the kind of holiday we had nice a relaxing.

Andrea
andrea m

Postby Sue Pryer » 01 Jun 2008 17:24

Great review Mazz. :) Sounds like you had a brilliant time :)
Sue Pryer

Postby Jula » 01 Jun 2008 18:07

Good stuff Mazz :D
Jula

Postby lfc pete » 01 Jun 2008 18:16

thanks for the report Mazz glad you had a good time only 22 sleeps for us
renee & pete
lfc pete

Postby Diane Rigby » 01 Jun 2008 18:22

Sounds like you had the perfect holiday, just like I need when I go in July. Di.
Diane Rigby

Advertisement

Postby LynnJenny » 01 Jun 2008 22:13

glad you had a great holiday
LynnJenny

Postby tonytigwall » 01 Jun 2008 22:15

great report
tonytigwall

Postby MUSTAPHABUN » 02 Jun 2008 17:51

great report. i must try the efes light as well.i can only manage about a dozen ordinary efes before i hit the shorts. :wink:
MUSTAPHABUN

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews