Review 16 - 23 May 2008

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Review 16 - 23 May 2008

Postby sandyglen » 27 May 2008 18:31

Flight with Onur Air was an hour late leaving Gatwick at 11.00pm. Scarey flight over Germany really turbulent and plane dropped down and scared us all to death :lol: Arrived in Icmeler at 6.30am staying at the Faber which were very nice. Did not go to bed and was out by the pool by 9.00am Had a quiet night the first night having a meal at the Lighthouse, still one of my favourite restaraunts and lots of shopping. Second day spent on the beach by Coco Beach, Messi here remembers everyone's name all week. Spent the night in Venice on the cocktails, good night but have to admit I am getting a bit fed up with entertainment Michael Jackson, break dancers, I do love the turkish dancing, but the shows haven't changed in the years I have been going.

Ate at the Lemon Tree one night which was good and a really cheap meal was had at the pide place, can't remember the name but it is on the way down to the old village pass Romance, they do not sell drinks but we had a pide each with a big bowl of mixed salad and was 20 lira for the 3 of us.

Watched the football at De Ja Vu in the old village and the atmosphere was really good and a good night was had by us all. Other nights were spent at Friends, Romance, Linekars and Dreamboys.

Didn't do any trips this year, just had a chill out week. The weather was fantastic all week, the last two days being very hot but at first was quite cold at night and we had to ask for blankets for the beds.

Lots of shopping was done along with the Market. A friend who came with us hasn't been before and she really fell in love with the place and people, bought lots of lovely silver jewellery. 4 bags for a tenner at the market and a new suitcase for me as mine broke on the way over.

Visited the hairdresser for highlights on the last night, bargain at £15 came home blond, will now need to go back to get it re-done. The guys in Beyond the Fringe were great used to have a chat with them most nights on the way out or on the way home.

Sad to be home and we are not having our October trip this year as my friend is due to have an op this year, so will have to wait another year before we go back.
sandyglen

Advertisement

Postby WOMBLE » 27 May 2008 18:38

Well done Sandyglen
Nice read so glad you enjoyed yourselves and that your friend has become addicted
have you any pics to show us please

John
WOMBLE

Postby w3ndy » 27 May 2008 18:41

Glad you had a good time, must admit I found the entertainment a bit same old, same old in The Venice in fact I went in for a night in 2004 and called in again last year and it was like re-living the same night ! The food was good though
w3ndy

Postby red wine » 27 May 2008 18:43

great review sandyglen
nice to hear you had a relaxing time
great to hear about all the bars are as exciting as usual
thanks for sharing your memories :D
red wine

Postby sandyglen » 27 May 2008 18:48

Will sort the pictures later.

Had to laugh one night sat having a meal and the guys who break dance came by on their push bikes, travelling to the next venue in all their gear.
sandyglen

Postby neags » 27 May 2008 21:44

Great review sandyglen, thanks for sharing.
Look forward to your pictures.
:D
neags

Advertisement

Postby kazz59 » 27 May 2008 22:17

Great review. I know what you mean about the Michael Jackson stuff and wish they would give it a rest. I could watch them do their Turkish dancing all night though. Glad you had a good time.
kazz59

Postby andrea m » 28 May 2008 08:27

Glad you had a good holiday as always and its always nice to take someone who hasn't been for them to realise why we all love the place so much.

Andrea
andrea m

Postby molly malone » 28 May 2008 17:15

Thanks for the review sandyglen we're staying at the Faber too.
molly malone

Review 16 - 23 May 2008

Postby jivebunnie0 » 28 May 2008 22:01

Thanks for sharing your memories, Sandyglen, sounds like you had a lovely week.

The Michael Jackson show has been done to death now, and whats more, he's not even popular now...... don't they realise that? :roll:
jivebunnie0

Postby sungirl » 29 May 2008 09:49

Hi Sandyglen so glad you had a great time i did too, can you tell me where the hairdresser is please i will need highlights when i get back and its always good to go somewhere thats been recommended
sungirl

Advertisement

Postby sandyglen » 29 May 2008 10:43

The hairdressers is on the road where Pleasure Beach Nightclub is just past it walking down towards Tansas and across the other side of the road. in a row of shops. My friend has had her hair couloured 3 times here. This was my first and was really pleased with it and so cheap.
sandyglen

Postby smc4761 » 29 May 2008 18:35

Michael Jackson shows, I was starrting to think that it was only me that could not stand this act. Surely someone can find a newer act or show that they can put on. I have been going to Turkey for over 10 years now and don think that the entertainment has really moved on. I assume that the records have not changed much either, Kiss Kiss, casper slide.

stewart
smc4761

Postby Sue Pryer » 29 May 2008 23:49

Thanks for the review sandyglen. Glad you had a good time. Looking forward to the pics. Tempted to have my hair coloured next time now. Always been a bit wary in case it all falls out :shock:
Sue Pryer

Postby Sue » 05 Jun 2008 10:27

sandyglen, the place you went to up past the Romance was it Nefis Pide, spent many a night there having Pide, Tahin Pide and Aryan I think it was one of the best meals I have had this holiday :lol:
Sue

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews