My lost memoirs (review)

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

My lost memoirs (review)

Postby Sue Pryer » 19 May 2008 22:36

Well here we go again. :lol: :lol:

Only been back a week now and it already seems like forever! :cry: :cry:

It wasn't the warmest of weeks for the time of year but it was lovely to be back in our little slice of heaven.

I was not very impressed with the new look promenade although the actual walkway was lovely, just a personal opinion, others may love it but to my mind it looked like a load of gravestones marching up the prom. The plants thankfully seem to be intact so when they flower it may soften the effect. They were topping off the pillars as we strolled with the actual lights will post piccie soon. We walked up to the new marina to have a nosey at the new shops but none had been let at the time though this may possibly have changed since our return. The bay as always was breathtakingly beautiful.

There were changes of name and new management in quite a few restaurants. We went in Korsan on the canal (under new management) as it seemed very busy compared to many. The meal was lovely and the service good. The entertainment was good fun too as they rolled all the usual shows into one night ie: Grease Freddy Mercury etc and a completely cringe factor stunt by one of the lads involving glass. Won't spoil it for those yet to see.

We called into ICR on the thunderstorm day (can't remember when that was now) to book our pirate trip and met Kerry Shaz and Craig for the first time. They were all lovely and chatted away to us while we waited the rain out. Couldn't give us a cuppa though as the storm had caused a power cut too. Sorry everyone still dont know what the posting prize is as I clean forgot to ask. Does anyone know yet? Seems to be a closely guarded secret :wink: Well when the rain eased we all ran round to Havana bar for a bite to eat. Met Za Za for the first time. What an experience. He is so funny. Amongst the things he was up to my daughter asked for the menu, he went off and came back with the big wooden one from outside and handed that to her. See photo gallery soon. :lol: :lol:

The party at Linekers was great fun and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Admin turned up as they said they might which was lovely. Some didn't as they thought it was Thursday and they know who they are Hee Hee :wink: :wink:

We went to the Stella show for the first time up at Harmony bar as so many people on this forum said it was not to be missed. How right you all are. We had a brilliant night. We laughed so much our ribs were aching. As the season progresses though any one wanting a good seat should perhaps consider going along quite early and perhaps eating there well before the show.

The pirate boat trip was fantastic. We all had so much fun. A big thank you to all at ICR for making the day a special one for our memory box.
The day itself was mostly overcast but that didn't stop Craig and Donna from dousing themselves in the sea! Brrrr much too cold for me. :shock:
Tudor you were great as our Hawaian prisoner attached by your chain to Shaz all day (well nearly all day) The locals faces when we descended on them in Turunc were a sight to behold, it was hysterical but in true Turkish fashion after the initial shock they all goodnaturedly joined in. Donna had quite a following with her antics along the way and bless them they kept stopping us to take photos and wanting to be in ours! See photo gallery. In answer to your question Colette shitphil didn't get the chance to walk the plank this year as he had to fly home either the day of the trip or the one before can't remember which. It was really lovely to put faces to names of people on the forum and everyone was really friendly. Hi Bec Bekki and all fellow pirates I haven't mentioned.

Sadly we had to fly home on the Monday. The pilot announced on the tarmac at Dalaman that the temperature was actually higher at Gatwick than our one in Dalaman. Needless to say Englands mini heatwave faded away as soon as we were back!

Oh well just have to start counting sleeps again. :roll: :roll: :wink:
Sue Pryer

Advertisement

Postby mandywag » 19 May 2008 22:41

Sue, what a great review. So nice to hear you had a great time. Looking forward to seeing the pics. Roll on September 18th so I can see it all first hand again.

Mandy
mandywag
New User
New User

Postby Jula » 19 May 2008 22:52

Well it was worth the wait Sue,sounds like you had a great time!

Thanks for sharing :lol:
Jula

sue's review 2008

Postby marjorie arnold » 19 May 2008 23:28

Thanks Sue for such a comprehensive review.It brings it all back...........even down to the thunderstorms,they are quite spectacular
marjorie arnold

Postby ochlynda » 20 May 2008 02:12

Sue great review sounds like you had a great holiday.Now I really can't wait to go back to Paradise.

Lynda
ochlynda

Postby dimrie » 20 May 2008 06:23

You have wetted my appetite,can't wait for September.

Diane
dimrie

Advertisement

Postby red wine » 20 May 2008 06:46

Great review Sue
thanks for sharing your holiday with us all takes us all there with you :lol:
red wine

Postby Eatock08 » 20 May 2008 07:05

Fab review, now I really can't wait to get there lol
Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Thanks for sharing

Alison
Eatock08

Postby redrhino12 » 20 May 2008 07:21

Thank you Sue for bringing Icmeler just a little closer for all of us.
A brilliant review and very descriptive.

Gene
redrhino12

Postby KarenH » 20 May 2008 08:15

lovely review, it just brings it a little closer for me......thankyou

roll on 24 july!!

karen
KarenH

Postby Colette » 20 May 2008 09:12

What a great review thanks for that Sue :D
Colette

Advertisement

Postby WOMBLE » 20 May 2008 10:06

SUE WELL DONE
Great review you put my one to shame :oops:
So glad you enjoyed your time in Icmeler could feel your emotions coming through as it was read
Once again congratulations well written :wink: :wink:

JOHN
WOMBLE

Postby reesy1959 » 20 May 2008 12:09

Thanks for the review Sue, worth waiting for :lol:

You have given me the Korsan and Stella Show to add to my entertainment list.

Sounds like you had a really good time.

Mary
reesy1959

Postby craig-2008 » 20 May 2008 12:16

hi sue was great to finally meet you
boat trip was a blast but never diving off the top of boat again (till next time)

hope everyone had a good day we tried to make sure you all did
speak soon
Last edited by craig-2008 on 20 May 2008 12:25, edited 1 time in total.
craig-2008

Postby Diane Rigby » 20 May 2008 12:17

What a great review Sue and to all other travellers going soon I look forward to reading your reviews on your returns. Sue's review is a lot to live up to. Di. 8)
Diane Rigby

Postby elkie » 20 May 2008 14:23

Great review Sue! Sounds like you had a fab time, thanks for sharing with us.
elkie

Advertisement

Postby cheriton » 20 May 2008 18:12

Great review Sue. Got to go and see the Stella show now, and will take you advice to eat there on the night other wise we could be watching it from the beach. Also will have to find a great bar out there to watch the mighty Pompey take on Man Utd in the comunity shield. :D
cheriton

Postby lfc pete » 20 May 2008 18:28

briliant review well worth waiting for Sue I am glad it worked for you this time . :wink:
renee & pete
p.s well done Pompy on winning the F.A cup
lfc pete

Postby LynnJenny » 20 May 2008 21:06

glad you had a great time review was great
LynnJenny

my lost memoirs (review)

Postby jivebunnie0 » 21 May 2008 21:56

Well worth waiting for Sue, glad you had a great time. We have been back nearly 2 weeks, and it seems like forever. :cry:

Just about to have a look to see if there's any pics now :wink:
jivebunnie0

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Holiday Reviews