Back, the washing and ironing is done, so here is my review

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Postby jivebunnie0 » 11 May 2008 21:15

We arrived at Dalaman an hour late, and the ICR transfer guy was waiting. Within 5 minutes of him meeting us, we were on our way. (we've never got our luggage and been on our way so quickly!). Arrived at the Blue Rainbow Hotel around 3.30am, and was delighted to find we had a beach view.

We spent a leisurely day, just having a wander, catching up with old friends, and checking out new bars/restaurants and of course did a wave at the webcam. :D

As we'd never been able to get into the Stella Show, this was on our list of things to do. We had a very good steak at the Harmony, followed by a really great night of entertainment, so good, that we decided we would go back later in the week.

Our days were spent, sunning ourselves, reading, and I did venture into the sea, but not far past my knees because the water was really cold (one or two brave people were swimming, but they would need to put some more hot water in for me at this time of year. :shock:

We spent some afternoons, walking, as the temperature was just right, went into the old village and wandered around, dreaming about buying an appartment. Another day we went over to Marmaris and walked round the marina, round the back streets, and up to the castle where the views were breathtaking.

All too soon, it was our last day, so we made our way to the beach once again, only to have to move fairly quickly for the storm which was brewing. We sat in the Liberty bar watching the storm and listening to the thunder echoing round the mountains.

We left at 9pm for our journey home. A slight delay on the take off, but we were home indoors at around 6.30am

Well, I'm on the next countdown for 29th August, and as soon as I can get my pics uploaded, I will post them.

Hope I didn't bore you :oops: :wink:
jivebunnie0

Advertisement

Postby Fanny » 11 May 2008 21:26

Bore us JB? don't think so, I was hanging on every word :shock:
so pleased you had a good time - sounds better than a cruise anytime!
Fanny

Postby Eatock08 » 11 May 2008 21:27

Glad to hear you had a great time, I bet the storm was exciting!!
Any other gossip from home?
Eatock08

Postby jivebunnie0 » 11 May 2008 21:59

Oh yes, I forgot to mention anyone who liked eating at the Taj Mahal is going to be disappointed. It is empty, and when I asked the guys at the Mandolin, they said there had been some problems, and they didn't think it would be open this year. :? [/code]
jivebunnie0

Postby Fanny » 11 May 2008 22:21

That's a shame, we used to luv it in there

Any news on the "new " prom? what do you think of it?
Also , how's the harbour coming on? are there any shops down there yet or are they still building them?
Fanny

jivebunnie review

Postby marjorie arnold » 11 May 2008 23:06

Glad you enjoyed your holiday and I can understand why you are looking foreward to going back in August,the sea will be a lot warmer then so you will be able to go in up passed your knees.I enjoyed your review,keeps me in touch as we cannot go this year,look foreward to seeing your pics
marjorie arnold

Advertisement

Postby redrhino12 » 12 May 2008 04:44

Enjoyed your review JB its lovely to hear of peoples hols in the Meler.
May see you over there in August.
Thanks again.

Gene
redrhino12

Postby red wine » 12 May 2008 07:01

thanks for the review :D
not at all boring love to hear what people get up to :lol:
look forward to the piccs
thanks again
red wine

Postby NATAJACK » 12 May 2008 10:29

Hi jivebunny
Glad you enjoyed your last minute hol in Icmeler, Im so jealous. Ive noticed from other posts that you know the same beach boys as us, I'll pm you for more info. :D :D
NATAJACK

Postby WOMBLE » 12 May 2008 11:00

JB
Great in depth review
well presented well worded I am envious :wink: :lol:
so glad that you had a great time :lol: :lol:
Cant wait for ours 8)

JOHN
WOMBLE

Postby reesy1959 » 12 May 2008 11:11

Thanks for the review. Glad you had a good time back in Icmeler. Cant wait for the pics.

Mary
reesy1959

Advertisement

Postby DIANE C » 12 May 2008 16:59

Great review looking forward to the pics!
DIANE C

Postby LynnJenny » 12 May 2008 19:28

great review glad you had a great time cant wait to see your photos
LynnJenny

Back, the washing and ironing is done

Postby Trish » 12 May 2008 19:58

Your review wasn't boring at all. It's great that you had a lovely time, not too long to wait for your next visit either :D
Which new bars did you like? I'm looking foward to trying a few different ones this time, aswell as my old favourites of course :D
Trish

Postby jivebunnie0 » 12 May 2008 20:20

The Blue Rainbow Hotel.... well it's clean, the rooms are not huge, especially the bathroom, (the hot water takes for ever to come through in the shower, so be prepared to wait), the beds are comfy, and if you can get a beach view even better. We stayed there 4 times now. The pool area is quite large and there are plenty of sunbeds, although not sure whether there would be enough for the high season. The pool is very deep, even at the 'shallow end' so parents with young children should be aware. I'm 5'5" and the water in the shallow end comes up to my shoulders (not that I went in this time!!) The hotel could do with a re-dec, it's looking a bit tired. There is a couple of small lifts for those with mobility problems.

Breakfasts are typically turkish with the odd bit of scrambled egg, cornflakes and coco pops ....I like the turkish breakfast, but its a bit limited for those who don't. What I would like to see is fruit on the buffet, but only once did they provide slices of water melon and that was in August.

Hope this helps, Rowdy. :wink:
jivebunnie0

Postby salford_steve » 12 May 2008 20:23

Great review.

What was the exchange rate like?

Steve
salford_steve

Advertisement

Postby jivebunnie0 » 12 May 2008 20:30

The New Prom: well what can I say, it's certainly different! I'm still not sure whether I like it or not, but it has tidied the area up somewhat, and the pathways look great....Not sure about all the roman relics :? Just outside the Kontes Beach hotel, they have been building what looks like a concrete E.T. head!!! We were told they are beach showers and toilets, and the other side which faces the Kontes Beach is to be a waterfall ???.

The only part which I think will look really good, if and when they get round to finishing them, are the columns, which are supposed to be having lights fitted, but in true Turkish style, there are just bare wires poking out the tops at the moment. :shock: The HSE would have a fit.!!

Each day, we went past and they were spraying it a different colour, and then giving it a distressed look. But it still looks like ET :lol: :lol:

The new buildings in the harbour are finished, with a lighthouse at the end, but none of the buildings are in use yet.....some problem with licensing, we were told. Maybe they will be in use later in the year, maybe not :?
jivebunnie0

Postby jivebunnie0 » 12 May 2008 20:33

The exchange rate was down slightly towards the end of the week. We got 2.45 TL to the £ at the supermarket near ICR, at the begining of the week, Steve, but at the end, it was 2.40 not enough to worry about :roll:
jivebunnie0

Postby salford_steve » 12 May 2008 20:38

Not to bad, it's getting worse over here.

Steve
salford_steve

Postby jivebunnie0 » 12 May 2008 20:45

Tell me about it Steve, as you may know, we should have been on a cruise round the greek islands but it was cancelled, hence our early trip to Icmeler..... I bought Euros at the Post Office in readiness for our cruise, when I went back to see about cashing them in, to take sterling, I would have lost £70 !!!!!

Luckily my husband's firm is doing an exhibition in Germany in a week's time, so they bought the Euro's off us, and paid us what we paid for them, so we could take the £'s. Phew!!!!
jivebunnie0

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Holiday Reviews