2016 - part 2

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

2016 - part 2

Postby chezza100 » 27 Jul 2016 15:00

6 of us flew out of East Midlands with Thomson – haven’t flown with them since they were called Britannia so it’s been a little while, good flight, on time, decent leg room, only 2 seats left on the plane. Good to see considering it was 3 days after the coup.

Probably the fastest I’ve ever got through passport control at Dalaman and into the transfer within 30 minutes. Oyes transfers, into resort in 1 hour 20 mins.

Those who have read my posts before will know I always stay at the Siesta apartments above the Champagne Steak House. The wonderful staff were waiting for us with a warm welcome as usual.

Weather was the hottest I’ve experienced in Icmeler & I’ve never spent so long in the pool or the sea. Days were lazy, lots of water, high factor sun cream and a hat was in order along with an afternoon snooze under the umbrella.

As the sun went down meals were enjoyed at Champagnes, Lighthouse, Richards, Masala, Bonjour, Waterfall – I’ve been to all of these restaurants before but travelled with companions who had not been to Icmeler for about 6 years so I let them choose the places.

Bars visited – Sevgis, Wonder bar, Vodka bar & No Name. Sevgis is still my favourite place.

Rate was about 3.90 and once again I brought lira home (which I never used to).

Resort was quiet in comparison with previous years but I’m a believer in holidays being what you make them & we had a great week catching up with old friends.

On the way back to Dalaman our transfer was stopped twice by police but they didn’t ask to see passports or anything and let us go within a minute or so. Security is tight & visible at Dalaman– but that can only be a good thing & we felt very safe the whole time we were there.

I can’t wait to go back later in the season as a solo traveller.
chezza100

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews