2016 1st Visit - 2 - 14 May

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

2016 1st Visit - 2 - 14 May

Postby chezza100 » 16 May 2016 13:04

Flew out with TC from Birmingham on 2nd May 08:05, flight was good, no empty seats, on board service was good.

4 flights arrived at a similar time as queued at passport control for about 40 minutes – not bad really. Cases waiting when got down the elevator.

Arrivals hall is being refurbished and the toilets I usually use have now gone – had to find alternative.

Transfer with Oyesholiday, 1 hour & 20 minutes, comfortable and on time – road works en route but not a problem. Arrived into resort at 16:30

Stayed at my usual place, Siesta Apartments above the Champagne Restaurant. Lovely welcome from friendly faces – it was good to be back home. Also spent a day at the Champagne Apartments which is run by the same family.

Resort is quiet as per usual this time of year but that suits me because I can spend more time catching up with friends.

Several hotels not open and a few restaurants were still not open when I left – in previous years by the time I leave in mid-May nearly everywhere is open

Spent days relaxing & decided not to do any trips this time.

Restaurants visited – Lighthouse, Champagnes, Bonjour, Broadway, Sofra, Hanci, Café Annes, Masala, Florida.

Recommend the Sevgi bar for evenings spent listening to Motown, Northern Soul, 60s, 70s & 80s music.

Visited Marmaris on 2 occasions for shopping and a wander around the harbour.

Weather was mostly good with temps reaching over 30, it rained for 3 days but not solidly and the storm was impressive - I swear the thunder was the loudest I had ever heard.

Prices have increased but it’s still good value for money. I also noticed that a few places had reduced some prices down by the time I got into my second week.

For the 2nd year running I’ve brought lira back with me, The rate hit 4.25 when I was there.

My holiday flew by, don’t they always, and after 12 wonderful nights I was picked up on time by Oyesholiday. I have to say Saturday morning is a good time to get a flight, the airport wasn’t heaving and I got straight through security and passport control.

Waiting at gate 27 for the 14:10 flight back to Birmingham I felt sad when I watched the outbound passengers disembark the plane. Flight home with TC was good but this time I got a row to myself so was able to stretch out.

Had an amazing holiday as always and will be back in July for part 2 – see you soon Icmeler xx
chezza100

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews