Kent Hotel

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Kent Hotel

Postby nimic » 29 Sep 2015 13:04

Arrived at the hotel late afternoon, given a key to our room, but when we got there, it was a single room, and I had booked a family room, down to reception, they sais sorry, and gave us a key to the correct room.The family room was ok,it had a wardrobe and not much else,we managed by using the two beds in the second bedroom.We did not have a/c, as we were on the fourth floor, and left all the windows open, it was fine. The A/C I thought was expensive, and after speaking to other guests it was not very good.

Breakfast was a hit and miss affair,what was there was good, though the orange juice ran out about the third day, never to be seen again!the coffe machine was useless too, sometimes no milk, sometimes no coffee.We went down one morning, and there was NOTHING there, it was about 9am, nobody about, then the young boy who cleared the tables, and one of the cleaners started to put things out!

We had a problem with the cleaning in our room, one day all the rubbish from the bins was placed in the toilet, and left there, the second day, all the rubbish was left on the dressing table! I must say the bedding and towels were changed regularly, and were fine. :

The Kent hotel as a building is fine, no complaints, it is near the beach, and everywhere, BUT, the staff are a disgrace, never seen such miserable people in an hotel, the ones on reception were useless, as wrere all the rest.

The boys in the bar were very good, don't know what we would have done without them.

Sorry to give such a bad review, but this was how I found it.If the hotel had different staff it would be great.There are lots of other things I could comment on, but enough is enough.

One positive thing I would like to say is the wonderful help we got from the girls, especially Michelle at the ICR OFFICE. We had a few problems, nothing to do with the Hotel, and she sorted everything out for us.Thank you so much. :shock:
nimic
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: Kent Hotel

Postby smc4761 » 30 Sep 2015 18:53

Thanks for taking the time to do a review. its good to get other people views.

Do not apologise for giving negative comments, this is your opinion on your holiday and you should be able to be open and honest

By giving an honest review like you have done, it helps others make an informed choice of where to take their holiday
smc4761

Postby blondie » 01 Oct 2015 07:31

Completely agree - I'd much rather read honest reviews, good or bad, then make up my own mind. Much better that way than "reviews" which you know are obviously fake...
blondie

Postby nimic » 01 Oct 2015 15:49

Thank you both for your comments, I felt terrible giving such a bad review, as JT was so good in informing me re hotel, but he has not stayed there, as it is now, I would not recommend it to anybody, it is by far the worst place I have stayed in in Icmeler, sorry, but a true review. :(
nimic
New User
New User

Postby JT » 01 Oct 2015 16:48

Thanks for taking time to write the review Nimic and yes, everything you have said is or was totally correct as in what was going on when you were there as I was liasing with the girls in the office at the time

We have been told that ALL staff are being changed for next year and there will be a dramatic change though for the life of me I cannot understand why a nice looking place like that would not be operated properly
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby nimic » 02 Oct 2015 08:12

Thank you JT for your reply, if the staff are changed, I would not hesitate in recommending the hotel to everybody.Thanks.
nimic
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby shelly » 06 Oct 2015 09:51

I did not write a review on the Kent as we did mention our concerns at the time while in resort and mov sed after 6 nights.
The reasons we moved were the constant barking from a guard dog, the staff arguing and shouting at 4am . The cleanliness was so poor i went out and bought disinfectant and bleach and cleaned the bathroom after not being touched in 5 days.Cleaning is not folding towels on the end of a bed .

Our room was at the back so the rubbish lorries came to collect the rubbish after midnight , all in all we were getting 4 hrs sleep a night.needless to say after 5 nights we were cracking up , the manager who i did gain some information about , he used to be a beach runner, lacks in experience in hotel managment. As the complaints were in every dept. Housekeeping, catering ,staff, customer service.

I have worked and have experience in hotels, but when the manager was getting constant complaints the answer to us and others is NOT "you have everything you need in your room, its a good room".

We paid the difference and moved to the Villamar which has come up a couple of notches in my book, the cleanliness was super, she even cleaned under the beds. And when staff are running to the shop for you icecream because they do not sell it , is total customer service. And the owner has promised a refurb for next year this hotel could be a diamond because of the quiet central location if and when they spend money on a refurb.

I too apolgise to John for my negative comments .
shelly

Postby JT » 07 Oct 2015 21:25

Hey do not apologise because if they are not vented then things cannot be fixed
JT
Admin
Admin

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews