Lots of visits to Icmeler last week

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Lots of visits to Icmeler last week

Postby Dancing Lucy » 03 Sep 2015 14:25

Well after 15 years of going to Icmeler once or twice a year we decided to have a change this year and went with our 3 daughters, their husbands and children to Marmaris. Safe to say we wont be doing it again we spent 7 nights of the 10 night holiday back in Icmeler, it is nowhere near as friendly and the roads are terrible to try and cross especially with small children. The hotel we stayed at was chosen for its large pools and childrens entertainment and the fact that it was AI as we had 3 teenage boys with us. The pools were the only good thing the entertainment was virtually non existent and the AI option was not good we ate out most days using the hotel for snacks for the younger children ie. chips, pasta or rice. On the saturday we were told to vacate the pool area at 5pm as there was a wedding being held and the pool and bar area was changed over into a wedding venue with over 700 guests attending, this was a lovely scene but meant that everyone who wanted to stay had to either stay in their room or the small 'club house' area with no music. I must admit they worked through the night to convert it back to a holiday pool with beds etc. but being one of the bigger hotels I was surprised this happened high season.
We arrived home on Monday night and agreed with my hubby that although we had had a lovely time with our whole family we had spent lots of money going back to Icmeler most days and would not be staying in Marmaris again so Icmeler we will be back next year.

Must say we had some lovely meals at Titanic, Venice, Bonjour and Coco Beach AI is not for me.
Dancing Lucy

Advertisement

Re: Lots of visits to Icmeler last week

Postby chezza100 » 03 Sep 2015 15:29

Thanks for sharing your experience Lucy and glad to hear you had a good time despite the differences.

I usually pop across to Marmaris on the dolmus a couple of times during the day when I'm in Icmeler and to be honest that is enough for me.
chezza100

Re: Lots of visits to Icmeler last week

Postby kirky » 03 Sep 2015 19:50

Yes I just came back Tenerife good but no where near good Icmeler coming back next year may and August been Icmeler over 20 times been to lot places but Icmeler number 1.
kirky

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews